https://www.proz.com/forum/smart_shoppers/117416-looking_for_vaio_ram_in_egypt.html

Looking for VAIO RAM in Egypt
Thread poster: Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:20
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 7, 2008

I need to add 1G to my laptop. Does anyone know where to to find RAM for VAIO laptops in Egypt, pereferably Alexandria?

[Edited at 2008-10-07 19:46]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Internet or the nearest computer reseller Oct 7, 2008

I would simply order a memory via Internet or better go with the laptop to the nearest reseller and ask him for a memory chip.
Expanding laptop memory is more complicated then with a desktop.
I have a Vaio myself and can confirm, that not every memory chip will work. Of course every chip coming from Sony will work, but hey, who wants to pay a fortune for a GIG RAM?

Denis HAY
Denis HAY  Identity Verified
English to French
Any decent SODIMM chip from a reputable brand will do Oct 8, 2008

Hi Alaa,

As Jerzy told you, you can use *almost* any SODIMM DDR or DDR2 module (depending on your VAIO model) from a reputable brand (given the low price of RAM modules, sparing only a few bucks and risking trouble is plain stupid) to replace your two 512MB RAM modules by two 1GB ones, provided your VAIO model does support that.

You should absolutely check that, as it is not always the case for older laptops. Many RAM manufacturers offer online product search eng
... See more
Hi Alaa,

As Jerzy told you, you can use *almost* any SODIMM DDR or DDR2 module (depending on your VAIO model) from a reputable brand (given the low price of RAM modules, sparing only a few bucks and risking trouble is plain stupid) to replace your two 512MB RAM modules by two 1GB ones, provided your VAIO model does support that.

You should absolutely check that, as it is not always the case for older laptops. Many RAM manufacturers offer online product search engines which will tell you if their modules are compatible or not. For instance, Kinston does offer one at www.kingston.com, which I used to know the exact model I could use to replace mine on a VGN-A517M VAIO.

Kind regards,
Denis Hay

[Edited at 2008-10-08 06:07]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for VAIO RAM in Egypt

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »