Mobile menu

How much should I pay for a hardly used Trados 5.5 Freelance?
Thread poster: The Quill Pen

The Quill Pen  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:29
English to French
Aug 4, 2003

Any idea how much I should offer to someone who's selling a "hardly" used Trados 5.5 Freelance?
Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nigel Skipper
Local time: 07:29
Swedish to English
Hardly used or used hard, makes no difference! Aug 5, 2003

Software doesn\'t \"wear out\" when its used. So don\'t worry about the wear factor!

Just make sure that the dongle suits your requirement (USB or Parallel port).

Since someone in the same forum is selling a brand new Trados 6.0 for € 700, I certainly wouldn\'t pay more than that for a 5.5.

Trados will probably charge you for upgrading to 6.0 (if you need to) so reduce the price with that amount as well.

You don\'t get much documentation supplied with Trados so there\'s not much to miss out on there either.

Otherwise, welcome to the Trados family!

//Nigel Skipper

monitor  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:29
English to German
+ ...
50% Aug 5, 2003

As mentioned before, I would not pay more than 50% of the original price. So you end up by paying 350-400 EUR or USD.
Always keep in mind, that you would probably have to upgrade at some time in the future. And there you will have to pay Trados, who show little or no discount at all.

Maria Fuentes
Local time: 02:29
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
For Sale: Trados 5.5 Freelance Edition Sep 6, 2003

If you are interested in buying Trados 5.5 Freelance edition (manual, Cd, License certificate and donggle) please contact me. I bought it last year at and now I don't need it anymore as I am working at a Translation Agency where they have it.
I would be willing to sell it for US$400, it will cost you another US$250 to upgrade it to Trados 6.0. And if you buy a new license of Trados 6.0 it will cost you US$895!
You would be saving US$250!
It's sitting there in its box, untouched! so if you are interested please contact me to my mail

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much should I pay for a hardly used Trados 5.5 Freelance?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs