Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:49
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 4, 2003

I don\'t see Ecco by Primatrans on the list of CAT tools. Can the Proz staff add it for us (and introduce it into the cat fight)? The URL is http://primatrans.tripod.com/ecco/. The interfase looks a lot like OmegaT\'s, but apparently Ecco can work with MS Word files in addition to plaintext files. Does anyone know this product? The user manual is a bit user unfriendly, but hopefully I\'ll be able to form my own... See more
I don\'t see Ecco by Primatrans on the list of CAT tools. Can the Proz staff add it for us (and introduce it into the cat fight)? The URL is http://primatrans.tripod.com/ecco/. The interfase looks a lot like OmegaT\'s, but apparently Ecco can work with MS Word files in addition to plaintext files. Does anyone know this product? The user manual is a bit user unfriendly, but hopefully I\'ll be able to form my own opinion in a few days (the trial version is 60 days).Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let's add old tools Sep 5, 2003

It seems it is supported by NT 5.0 and 4.0 but most of functions are unavailable in several other Windows versions.

I see your point. Perhaps there can be a seperate page in the CAT section with brief descriptions (and/or links) to "old", "outdated" or "historic" tools. I agree that not many people are still stuck with old operating systems (only 5% of my web site visitors use W95, although 51% of them uses W98 and W2000), but such a page would certainly be interesting.

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Old Sep 5, 2003

Tayfun Torunoglu wrote:
Perhaps it needs some updates.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

it does not open in XP pro (but I do not try much yet).

...let Microsoft do that for you! (Break it, that is!)

Marc

[Edited at 2003-09-05 12:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any comments on Ecco by Primatrans

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »