https://www.proz.com/forum/smart_shoppers/14839-where_do_i_buy_an_upgrade_to_trados_55_fl_in_the_uk.html

Where do I buy an upgrade to Trados 5.5 FL in the UK?
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:45
English to German
Oct 9, 2003

Hi there,

I used to by Trados Freelance from a company called Omega First Ltd. but they are no longer selling it. What with one thing and another, I realise I've missed out on any early bird offers to upgrade to Trados 6, let alone 6.5. I'm in no hurry (yet) to upgrade but it would be good to know where to buy the product at the best possible price when I need it. I've checked out the Trados Translation Zone web site but if I order there, do I get the product at the best possible pr
... See more
Hi there,

I used to by Trados Freelance from a company called Omega First Ltd. but they are no longer selling it. What with one thing and another, I realise I've missed out on any early bird offers to upgrade to Trados 6, let alone 6.5. I'm in no hurry (yet) to upgrade but it would be good to know where to buy the product at the best possible price when I need it. I've checked out the Trados Translation Zone web site but if I order there, do I get the product at the best possible price?

Is there somewhere on the Trados web site where I can register to get e-mail notifications of new versions, early bird offers etc?

Thanks very much for your help.

sparkie

[Edited at 2003-10-09 13:49]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:45
English to German
+ ...
TranslationZone Oct 9, 2003

Hi Sparkie,
I used to by Trados Freelance from a company called Omega First Ltd. but they are no longer selling it.

AFAIK Freelance versions are only sold through TranslationZone.

What with one thing and another, I realise I've missed out on any early bird offers to upgrade to Trados 6, let alone 6.5. I'm in no hurry (yet) to upgrade but it would be good to know where to buy the product at the best possible price when I need it.

Dont forget TGB, which is operated by ProZ.com.

Is there somewhere on the Trados web site where I can register to get e-mail notifications of new versions, early bird offers etc?

=> TranslationZone.

And lastly, is it possible to upgrade from Trados FL 5.5 directly to 6.5?

It is, but make sure to check the systems requirements, particularly regarding domain-based networks (see the discussion on TW_users or in this thread). There will be a fix for freelancers running a domain controller, but it's worth being aware of this issue.

HTH - Ralf

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:45
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for the info Oct 9, 2003

Thanks very much Ralf, I thought you might be one of the first people to reply

Viele Grüße aus Schottland,
Rebekka (sparkie)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where do I buy an upgrade to Trados 5.5 FL in the UK?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »