META TEXIS vs TRADOS
Thread poster: Ambra Principe
Ambra Principe
Venezuela
Local time: 07:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 14, 2002

I\'d like to know what you think of Meta Texis. I know Trados because I\'ve used it at school, but I had never heard of the other one. Can anyone tell me what you think about it, how it is? Is it easier than Trados? Is Trados more convenient? Be sincere, please! It\'s a lifetime investment to me! Thank You very much! Carter!

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Pranagal
Local time: 13:52
English to Polish
+ ...
Trados vs MT Apr 14, 2002

Hi Carter.

Look carefully not only what the software looks like, or how easy it is to operate, but also treat this as a marketing exercise.

I, personally use TRADOS, and acquired numerous translation assignments because the agencies use this software as an industry standard.

Cheers,

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:52
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
MetaTexis vs. TRADOS Apr 14, 2002

I agree with Robert.

Not only that TRADOS is standard, but it is a stand-alone application. So for translating some documents you do not even need to use Word. This is sometimes a big plus, as the TRADOS solution works faster.

And another aspect is, that I don\'t believe, a Word based application can search a large databease with ie. 30 000 or more translation units (and you get so much quite quickly, translating technical manuals or likely) as fast as TRADOS TM can.

You can take a look on TRANSIT too, it is wide used CAT software, but in my opinion TRADOS works better and is easier to use.

If you look for a Word based CAT tool, go to http://www.champollion.net and get WordFast - it\'s free and works good.

Regards

J. Czopik

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-14 16:10 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

META TEXIS vs TRADOS

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs