Feedback requested on graphic tablets
Thread poster: Gilda Manara

Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:48
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2004

does any of you use graphic tablets instead of/with mouse? can you comment on advantages and disadvantages?

thanks in advance

Gilda

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
I use an old Aiptek graphic tablet Jul 21, 2004

But I think it is only useful for movements like you would normally do them with a pen, i.e. for freehand lines and to erase areas like using a rubber.

On my new computer I can simply plug in the USB connection and use the tablet simultaneously with the mouse.

[Edited at 2004-07-21 18:13]

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
I use Genius Graphic tablet Jul 22, 2004

Gilda Manara wrote:

does any of you use graphic tablets instead of/with mouse? can you comment on advantages and disadvantages?

thanks in advance

Gilda
Hi! AS Harry said, via USD connector using a puck or pen alternatively along with the mouse. I use it generally for technical designing ( Circuits etc., )
Rgds
Brandis

Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to both of you... Jul 22, 2004

for sharing this information. I had read a publicity of them and it sounded as if I was the last person in the world not to be using one, and that apart from a cup of coffee they could make everything one can dream of... But I can probably save the money for something more urgent...

thanks again and happy translation!

Gilda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback requested on graphic tablets

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs