Thread poster: Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:15
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2004

does any of you use graphic tablets instead of/with mouse? can you comment on advantages and disadvantages?

thanks in advance

Gilda

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:15
English to German
+ ...
I use an old Aiptek graphic tablet Jul 21, 2004

But I think it is only useful for movements like you would normally do them with a pen, i.e. for freehand lines and to erase areas like using a rubber.

On my new computer I can simply plug in the USB connection and use the tablet simultaneously with the mouse.

[Edited at 2004-07-21 18:13]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
I use Genius Graphic tablet Jul 22, 2004

Gilda Manara wrote:

does any of you use graphic tablets instead of/with mouse? can you comment on advantages and disadvantages?

thanks in advance

Gilda
Hi! AS Harry said, via USD connector using a puck or pen alternatively along with the mouse. I use it generally for technical designing ( Circuits etc., )
Rgds
Brandis

Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to both of you... Jul 22, 2004

for sharing this information. I had read a publicity of them and it sounded as if I was the last person in the world not to be using one, and that apart from a cup of coffee they could make everything one can dream of... But I can probably save the money for something more urgent...

thanks again and happy translation!

Gilda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback requested on graphic tablets

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »