Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Wordfast - another CAT tool (here\'s a link)
Thread poster: Daphne Theodoraki
Minoru Kuwahara
Minoru Kuwahara
Japan
Local time: 01:05
English to Japanese
+ ...
It seems to work well, but... Dec 12, 2002

I have installed Wordfast into my Japanese Word2000 and have no trouble at all at this stage. There is usually a toolbar which mostly looks like Trados and when I try translating using Wordfast, the interface is pretty much similar to Trados as well. Meanwhile, the most crucial point I\'m confronting is to confirm whether Wordfast can be truly all compatible with Trados in interchangeable memory creation and management, tagging, 100% or fuzzy matches, etc.

In this respect,
... See more
I have installed Wordfast into my Japanese Word2000 and have no trouble at all at this stage. There is usually a toolbar which mostly looks like Trados and when I try translating using Wordfast, the interface is pretty much similar to Trados as well. Meanwhile, the most crucial point I\'m confronting is to confirm whether Wordfast can be truly all compatible with Trados in interchangeable memory creation and management, tagging, 100% or fuzzy matches, etc.

In this respect, could anyone advise us based on your own experiences with using Wordfast? I think it should be definitely a valuable information for every potential user of the tool.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-13 05:53 ]
Collapse

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:05
German to English
+ ...
Another free CAT tool Dec 12, 2002

OmegaT is also free (latest version: 0.9.7).

Check it out at

www.marcprior.de/OmegaT/OmegaT.html

Feedback is appreciated.

And yes, Wordfast is a great piece of software!

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:05
English to French
Wordfast Installation Jan 29, 2003

Quote:

On 2001-12-03 08:01, Jon Zuber wrote:

I followed the installation instructions (put Wordfast.doc in the Microsoft Office 98 Startup folder) and absolutely nothing happened.

I wrote a wordfast beginner\'s manual, which you can consult on www.wizardtranslations.com

I guess your problem is that you put wordfast in ... See more
Quote:

On 2001-12-03 08:01, Jon Zuber wrote:

I followed the installation instructions (put Wordfast.doc in the Microsoft Office 98 Startup folder) and absolutely nothing happened.

I wrote a wordfast beginner\'s manual, which you can consult on www.wizardtranslations.com

I guess your problem is that you put wordfast in the wrong folder. It\'s Word\'s start up folder. Not office. Open Word, go to tools, options, select the tab \"file locations\", click on \"start up\" and on \"modify\". Note down the path of your start up folder, close Word, and copy wordfast in there.

When you reopen Word, it will display a new tool bar, with just one icon. If not, right click on the toolbar and activate the wordfast toolbar. ▲ Collapse

sylver
English to French
"Formtext" Jan 29, 2003

Quote:

On 2001-10-11 20:49, suestru wrote:

Hello,

I found this program easy to install and use, but now I am having problems with documents I previously created that have form fields for easy tabbing. When I open these docs now, the fields have the words \"Form Text\" in them and I cannot tab from field to field. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Please let me know if you have a solution. Thank ... See more
Quote:

On 2001-10-11 20:49, suestru wrote:

Hello,

I found this program easy to install and use, but now I am having problems with documents I previously created that have form fields for easy tabbing. When I open these docs now, the fields have the words \"Form Text\" in them and I cannot tab from field to field. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Please let me know if you have a solution. Thank you!

Best wishes,

Sue

Please go in tools/options and uncheck \"field codes\". Chances are that will be the end of that, unless I don\'t understand your problem right.

Collapse

sylver
English to French
Wordfast crashing Jan 29, 2003

Quote:

On 2001-11-14 10:02, stevo wrote:

I, too, liked the free aspect, but Wordfast crashed my computer too many times for my taste and once I had to start over the whole deal.

What is your set up? I am one amongst others to use Wordfast since over a year now. 0 windows crashes due to wordfast.

Timothy Takemoto
Timothy Takemoto
Local time: 01:05
Japanese to English
+ ...
Spent ages trying to find this only to find that Wordfast now $$ Mar 16, 2004

I have only tried it out but it seems like a really amazing piece of software bearing in mind that it is free. I should make translating a lot faster.

Oops, Wordfast now costs 180 euros. Bit out of reach of the non pro.

I might try omegaT but I have failed to install/use java software in the past.

expat2005
expat2005  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:05
French to English
+ ...
Feb 12, 2008

[Edited at 2008-02-12 23:32]

[Edited at 2008-02-12 23:32]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast - another CAT tool (here\'s a link)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »