https://www.proz.com/forum/smart_shoppers/346-multitrans%3A_corpus_based_cat_tool.html

MULTITRANS: corpus-based CAT Tool
Thread poster: CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 13:48
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 11, 2001

I was invited last night to a small group presentation of Multitrans new corpus-based Cat tool (their headquarters are only a mile away from my home, yes they are a Canadian company based in Quebec, I am proud to say).

Having spent almost two days last week aligning texts and getting poor results with Trados and better results with my light SDLX version (I had no previous experience with either one, so I can be impartial), I was indeed eager to have a look at a product that
... See more
I was invited last night to a small group presentation of Multitrans new corpus-based Cat tool (their headquarters are only a mile away from my home, yes they are a Canadian company based in Quebec, I am proud to say).

Having spent almost two days last week aligning texts and getting poor results with Trados and better results with my light SDLX version (I had no previous experience with either one, so I can be impartial), I was indeed eager to have a look at a product that does require NO alignment of texts.

With Multitrans it is easy to import previous translations, or corpora from sites and other databases (bilingual Canadian House of Commons debates, for example, and other such documents from the net), analyze them and, without alignment, create a TermBase to use as a base for new translations. For example, they have created a TermBase from the dauting multivolumes report of the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples, and from the Statutes of Canada.

What is great about the product is that with the TransTerm translation module (integrated into Microsoft Word) the new text is checked against all the imported corpora and the termbases.

Multitrans comes in a Pro and a Light version. The Light version seems ideal for a freelancer, by providing the same functions of the Pro version, but slightly less capacity.

A demo version of Multitrans is available at

http://www.multicorpora.ca/multitrans.html.

What impressed me about the Multitrans team is also how open they are to translators\' suggestions and critiques.

Paola L M

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-10-11 03:55 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MULTITRANS: corpus-based CAT Tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »