FUJITSU SIEMENS M1425-71507 Advice
Thread poster: eva75
eva75
eva75
English
+ ...
Aug 18, 2005

Have seen this laptop on sale in a local multimedia outlet, thinking of buying it as it sounds like excellent value.

Intel centrino

Memory 512 Mo

€999

I'm not familiar with siemens models. Any advice on purchasing this laptop? Good deal/bad deal? Problems with fujitsu siemens models?

Thanks in advance!

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:16
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Battery Aug 19, 2005

Hi,

I recall a warning a month or two ago about Fujitsu Siemens laptops having bad batteries and the vendor had promised to change them all. Maybe not the case in this specific model but it's worth to double check.

Regards,

rahi

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:16
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
As for notebook you can buy almost any brand Aug 19, 2005

But let your finger from no name devices.

I have never heard something really negative about Siemens notebooks.
Before you decide take an internet price research service and look, what you can get for the money you will spend and then take the best device within the offered range.
The best device will not be the one with the fastest processor, but the one with the biggest RAM and WITH the possibility to upgrade RAM in the future. Please also consider what for you need th
... See more
But let your finger from no name devices.

I have never heard something really negative about Siemens notebooks.
Before you decide take an internet price research service and look, what you can get for the money you will spend and then take the best device within the offered range.
The best device will not be the one with the fastest processor, but the one with the biggest RAM and WITH the possibility to upgrade RAM in the future. Please also consider what for you need the laptop. If you want really to work with it, take the one with the biggest screen you an afford. This is the most important feature, then RAM, HDD and then processor. Pay attention, that you get a real mobile processor, not an adapted desktop one.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

eva75
eva75
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brands too matter Aug 19, 2005

I have several friends who bought Compaq and DELL laptops and they were very disappointed. Dell's bad customer service is renowned!

So, I do think brands matter, and from the experts I believe that Toshiba, IBM and Acer are the best.

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:16
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Service Aug 23, 2005

Eva, I don't know, where you are, - it is not on your profile, -but I and my family had about 8 Dell computers between us in the last 7-8 years, and we had no problem with service. Probably, because we hardly need it, as they don't usually cause any trouble.

I have to say, I am not talking about laptops, but if I sould want a new desktop, I wouldn't bother to look for anything else.

Gert Hirschfeld
Gert Hirschfeld  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:16
English to German
+ ...
Good kit - bad customer service Jan 29, 2007

Eva, I 've been using a fujitsu siemens desktop PC for several years and am very pleased with it. My only gripe ist that the support helpline is NOT free but actually very expensive to call.

Nobody tells you these things before you buy it. So that might be a point to compare with other manufacturers.

Then again, I never had to call the helpline, as everything was fine with the machine.

Technically, I think you are getting a good product.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FUJITSU SIEMENS M1425-71507 Advice

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »