Mobile menu

Trados5 and Office XP
Thread poster: Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:55
English to Finnish
+ ...
Oct 24, 2001

Hi,

Is anyone using Trados5 with Office XP?

I have just ordered Trados5 Freelance and I am going to use it with Office XP. On their web site Trados doesn\'t claim to fully support Office XP and they say \"You use Word XP and PowerPoint XP in combination with TRADOS 5 applications at your own risk. \"

I did ask my local supplier about this, and according to him the information on the web site is out-of-date and that the latest release has been corrected to fully support Office XP.

I would like to know whether other people are using this combination and whether you have encountered many problems.

Direct link Reply with quote

mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:55
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dont go for Office XP right now Oct 25, 2001

Hello,

Trados does not yet support OfficeXP. Wait till TRADOS makes an update for their products to be compatible with XP.

Sameh

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Too late! Oct 25, 2001

I have already ordered a new computer with Office XP and bought Trados5!!!

Sameh, have you got experience on this combination or what do you base your comment on?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
MS Office XP Support Oct 27, 2001

Hi.

The issues are specified in detail in the FAQ list on the Trados website:

http://support.trados.com/faq.asp#GenOffXP

HTH - Best regards, Ralf

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
...ooops Oct 27, 2001

...to fast on the \"Submit\" button!

As far as I can tell from that document, you should be doing ok as long as you stay off the latest \"bells and whistles\" in OfficeXP (I should add that I\'m stubbornly sticking to Office 97 to this present day...*g*)

Helle Kaiser-Nielsen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Danish
+ ...
Trados and Windows XP.... Jan 14, 2002

Hi

I am about to upgrade my PC to Windows XP and loads more much needed memory. It is also time to get working on Trados and before I purchase it, I\'d love to hear how you find using it and perhaps tips on how to best purchase it (directly at Trados website or thru e.g. a trade organisation like IoL or Proz)?

thanks

Helle
[addsig]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TRADOS and Office XP Mar 12, 2002

I\'m currently working with TRADOS 5 and Office XP - but only the latest release of TRADOS 5 (in my case it is the german localisad edition) works properly with XP. Even if TRADOS states, that XP is not yetz fully supported, I have no problems in working with WORD or EXCEL or even POWER POINT and TRADOS.

Patricia Gifford  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Trados Update 5.5 Mar 29, 2002

Hello Minna,

Trados has just released an update (called 5.5) that is supposed to fully support Windows XP (according to Trados), and if you have bought 5.0, you can download the update for free at www.translationzone.com.

Have a great Easter,

Patricia

algoritmo
Italian to English
+ ...
XP and Trados 5 May 9, 2002

Hi!

I recently had to be sure of the same thing and have been told by Trados support that it is fully compatible, both with XP OS and XP Office programs.

Veronica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados5 and Office XP

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs