Mobile menu

Using Trados TM in Deja Vu - is it possible?
Thread poster: Andrew Poloyan
Andrew Poloyan
Local time: 04:51
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2002

I am thinking over purchasing a copy of Deja Vu 3. So this question is probably for Deja Vu users worldwide.

1) Is there an option in the software to transfer my translation memory units that had been previously accumulated in Trados? Are there any success stories? Shall I be able to convert Trados TM database into DV\'s native format and use it thereafter?

2) Is there a hardware key (like Trados dongle) shipped with DV? Is it USB or COM or something else?

Unfortunately I could find no answers on Atril site, it consits of general advertisement. Thanks a lot for your attention.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 22:51
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Aug 8, 2002

I\'m not a DV user yet but I just bought it.

I have seen the answers to your questions in the list

dejavu-l@yahoogroups.com

and they were that you can transfer your TM from TRADOS

and when I made the transaction to buy it I have been asked if I preferres USB or parallel (I don\'t know it\'s name in English)

Another thing that might interest you

There\'s an offer to switch to it before august 29th for 315 euros. You must provide a proof of having purchased another CAT tool.

Good luck

JKB
United States
Local time: 21:51
English to German
+ ...
useful website Aug 8, 2002

I came across this very detailed and informative article on CAT tools a couple of weeks ago.

http://transref.org

Go to expert opinions and browse the different titles ... I am sure you find answers to your questions.

Regards,

Julia

Karin Adamczyk  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:51
French to English
Yes, you can transfer memories Aug 8, 2002

and DV does use a dongle. You can specify either a parallel or USB dongle.

There is a promotion underway right now for users of other CAT tools to trade up to DejaVu for $315 (about one third of the usual price).

HTH,

Karin Adamczyk

Andrew Poloyan
Local time: 04:51
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, that's all I wanted to find out - and even more! Aug 9, 2002

Now it\'s just a matter of time - I\'m buying DejaVu. Thanks again for the links, they are very informative.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Trados TM in Deja Vu - is it possible?

Advanced search

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs