Looking for Trados 6.5
Thread poster: Steve L
Steve L
Steve L
Local time: 03:17
German to English
May 22, 2006

Does anyone want to sell an old version of Trados, with license? I have a full-time job in an office but would like to do a little extra work at home. It would not justify buying Trados 7.0 new, but I would like to be able to use Trados.
Mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Steve L

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:17
English to French
+ ...
I wish I could help, but... May 23, 2006

Sadly, in recent years, Trados (and now SDLX) have been reusing licenses. This means that I cannot sell my 6.5 even if I don't use it anymore, because it has the same license as my 7.5. But if you really want it, you can check on ebay. It's up there pretty often - most of the time, people who didn't like it (learning curve) and people who never got around to get their freelance career going sell brand new copies with license.

However, if you are really only looking to have a CAT too
... See more
Sadly, in recent years, Trados (and now SDLX) have been reusing licenses. This means that I cannot sell my 6.5 even if I don't use it anymore, because it has the same license as my 7.5. But if you really want it, you can check on ebay. It's up there pretty often - most of the time, people who didn't like it (learning curve) and people who never got around to get their freelance career going sell brand new copies with license.

However, if you are really only looking to have a CAT tool so you can accept work, why don't you try Wordfast (you can get a demo that, I believe, works for a month, enough to learn to use it and see if you want to invest in it). It is very compatible with the big players, and is much, much cheaper.

Why not check out the forums discussing Wordfast and see if this could be a good alternative for you? I know many translators switched to Wordfast after having tried Trados and SDLX.

It's worth looking into.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Trados 6.5

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »