Thread poster: F Schultze (X)
F Schultze (X)
F Schultze (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:54
Danish to English
+ ...
Jun 26, 2006

If I sign up for the Trados group buy that ends June 28, how soon will I get delivery and by which media (Download or CD-ROM)?

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 15:54
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
as far as I remember... Jun 26, 2006

you get first the invoice you have to pay. When that gets processed you get an Email with access code and you download the whole thing from the SDL TRADOS site. So it's no CDs.

You can actually download everything (safe the license of course) ahead of your purchase order, demo versions being THE real versions without the license file. you do not need any purchase and/or code to download them. The only thing missing, the license, you can tack on the installed software later, i.e. wh
... See more
you get first the invoice you have to pay. When that gets processed you get an Email with access code and you download the whole thing from the SDL TRADOS site. So it's no CDs.

You can actually download everything (safe the license of course) ahead of your purchase order, demo versions being THE real versions without the license file. you do not need any purchase and/or code to download them. The only thing missing, the license, you can tack on the installed software later, i.e. when you get the code for rightfully yours license.lic file. Iow you download twice, first the 189 MB of Trados and 213 MB of MultiTERM (now or later). And then a 4k LIC file (after you paid for it).

I would say that given 28th as the closing date, that you should be on the air by 1oth of July.

[Edited at 2006-06-26 21:13]
Collapse

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 23:54
English to Chinese
+ ...
Good idea... Jun 27, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:
You can actually download everything (safe the license of course) ahead of your purchase order

That's a really good idea. We took part in the last group buy and waited until we got the license to download everything. The files are HUGE and I guess everyone else was downloading from their site at the same time (even though there are supposed to be mirror sites for different locations to download from) and it took all night!

Worth the wait though...Trados is great:)

Good luck and enjoy,
Mark

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Group Buy

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »