Mobile menu

English-Italian translation software help needed
Thread poster: xxxbdenunzio
xxxbdenunzio
English
Jul 16, 2006

Last year while in Italy we discovered long lost relatives. They will be coming to the US this year to meet other American relatives and staying with us. We don't speak Italian and they don't speak English. I am trying to find some type of software that can be installed on a laptop or computer that we can carry with us and use to communicate with each other. Is there a program where I can type in my question/statement, translate to Italian for them to read, then they can type in Italian, translate to English for us to read? Any help you can give me would be most welcome.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:18
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
what about iPod translator? Jul 16, 2006

This would the simplest. You would need an external speaker.

Here's the German page,

http://www.jourist-online.de/!ipod_translator_englisch.php?BookID=0_422448

hopefully you find the proper page for the EN > IT and IT > EN

You can also try

H & H Talking phrasebook www.hnhsoft.com
LingvSoft PhraseBook 2006 www.lingvsoft.com
Mobilearn Talking Phrasebook www.mobilearn.net

Good luck

smo

Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:18
Member (2011)
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
translation software for communicating with relatives Jul 16, 2006

bdenunzio wrote:

Last year while in Italy we discovered long lost relatives. They will be coming to the US this year to meet other American relatives and staying with us. We don't speak Italian and they don't speak English. I am trying to find some type of software that can be installed on a laptop or computer that we can carry with us and use to communicate with each other. Is there a program where I can type in my question/statement, translate to Italian for them to read, then they can type in Italian, translate to English for us to read? Any help you can give me would be most welcome.

SYSTRAN automatic Machine Translation (MT) software at http://www.systransoft.com

You are just looking for basic communication so SYSTRAN Mobile (for PDAs/Pocket PCs) or SYSTRAN Personal would be OK for your need.

I use the software on my laptop and Pocket PC for different languages when I go to different countries where I do speak the language, or not very well.

See my tips on using MT software programs at:
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/MT-tips.htm

Jeff

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English-Italian translation software help needed

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs