Did you receive a copy of Mneme from Logos later than June 2001? (Wordfast-related question)
Thread poster: Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:16
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 22, 2002

Yves Champollion, the creator of the CAT tool Wordfast opposes to the fact that Wordfast is still offered by Logos after he broke up with them. Yves is looking for translators that have received a copy of Mneme from Logos between June 2001 and today. Testimonies of that kind would prove that Logos didn\'t stick to their part of the Wordfast deal and could offer Yves a way out of his current situation.

Regards,

Gerard de Noord

Happy Wordfast user

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
also a happy WF user Oct 22, 2002

Hi,

I fit both categories -- I received Mneme in August 2001 -- but am not sure what the question is. Logos owns Mneme and continues to use it, so I\'m not sure where the conflict is.

Can you please explain? I\'m particularly confused by your question because Mneme follows the DV and SDLX format, whereas WF is along the lines of Trados (embedded in Word). So they\'re both CAT tools but are certainly not equivalent.

TIA

[ This Message w
... See more
Hi,

I fit both categories -- I received Mneme in August 2001 -- but am not sure what the question is. Logos owns Mneme and continues to use it, so I\'m not sure where the conflict is.

Can you please explain? I\'m particularly confused by your question because Mneme follows the DV and SDLX format, whereas WF is along the lines of Trados (embedded in Word). So they\'re both CAT tools but are certainly not equivalent.

TIA

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-22 19:08 ]
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's a legal thing. Oct 22, 2002

Hi,

Thanks for your reaction.

The partnership between Yves Champollion and Logos went sour and now they\'ve started throwing stones at eachother. Part of the deal was that the joined venture between Yves and Logos would distribute Mneme as well as Wordfast.

If you received a copy of Mneme from Logos later than June 2001 that might mean that Logos didn\'t stick to their side of the contract.

Wordfast users are di
... See more
Hi,

Thanks for your reaction.

The partnership between Yves Champollion and Logos went sour and now they\'ve started throwing stones at eachother. Part of the deal was that the joined venture between Yves and Logos would distribute Mneme as well as Wordfast.

If you received a copy of Mneme from Logos later than June 2001 that might mean that Logos didn\'t stick to their side of the contract.

Wordfast users are discussing the issue at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast but I thought I might find more Mneme users here at ProZ.

Regards,

Gerard
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Did you receive a copy of Mneme from Logos later than June 2001? (Wordfast-related question)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »