BVC  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:46
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 13, 2003

Dear All,

after having worked for quite some time with WordFast I would really like to buy a different Cat Tool for my Apple Mac (9.2.2.). I\'ve been contemplating various options:

Buying SDLX or Trados etc. and running it with Virtual PC on my iBook or installing MAC OS X and working with OMEGA (as it doesn\'t work on System 9.2.2.).

Does anybody have a better solution?

Many thanks,

Benita

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:46
German to English
+ ...
CAT tool for Mac Feb 13, 2003

One colleague has managed to install OmegaT on OS 9. I don\'t know how she managed to do it - dig around in the archives LantraMUG forum at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LantraMUG/

or contact me privately if you\'re intersted.

Even if you do get it to work, though, you will be fairly limited without OpenOffice.org/StarOffice, which does require OS X, and also the X Window system. Unless, of course, Keith is inundated with requests for an rtf filter, to which I suspect he would respond favourably.

Another CAT tool for Mac users is under development. You can find out more in FutureMacMem forum at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FutureMacMem/

Marc

arterm  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:46
Member (2002)
English to Russian
try wordfast www.champollion.net Feb 13, 2003

A universal & open translation tool

Wordfast is a Translation Memory engine available for Microsoft Word on PC and Mac (see supported platforms).

Wordfast offers a transparent, open format  for all its data, but maintains direct compatibility with Trados 2, 3 & 5 (TM exchange, MultiTerm glossaries, same segmentation), TMX and IBM TM. Excel, PowerPoint, Access files but also tagged documents can be translated. Wordfast connects to MT packages like PowerTranslator™, Systran™, Reverso™ etc.

Although Wordfast is essentially a translator\'s tool, it easily integrates in the workflow of translation agencies & large accounts. All this power is packed in a single, compact Word™ template; data can be shared over a lan or over the web.

Wordfast works without license with translation memories up to 110 Kbytes, and/or 500 TU (translation units). Buying a license removes this limitation.

Wordfast downloads in 2 minutes at 56Kbps (file size: 540 Kb).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cat Tool for Mac

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums