Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:05
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2007

Hi!

I'm thinking about trying the ink Prink refilling kits, but would like to know your experiences if you have already tried them.

They have business in many European countries (www.prink.it/on-line/Home.html), so many of you may have the chance to use their products.

You're welcome to comment on any printer model. Mine is an HP PSC 1510.

Cheers!

Ma
... See more
Hi!

I'm thinking about trying the ink Prink refilling kits, but would like to know your experiences if you have already tried them.

They have business in many European countries (www.prink.it/on-line/Home.html), so many of you may have the chance to use their products.

You're welcome to comment on any printer model. Mine is an HP PSC 1510.

Cheers!

María José
Collapse

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Check that your ink cartridges are covered before buying Nov 12, 2007

I bought a refill (not Prink, another brand) only to find that the ink cartridges used by my printer (also an HP) weren't compatible - or to put it another way, no instructions were provided for those cartridges (which from my point of view is the same thing, as I wasn't about to start attacking the cartridge without some guidelines on how to go about it). The kit said it was compatible with all brands, which may be true - but is not the same as b... See more
I bought a refill (not Prink, another brand) only to find that the ink cartridges used by my printer (also an HP) weren't compatible - or to put it another way, no instructions were provided for those cartridges (which from my point of view is the same thing, as I wasn't about to start attacking the cartridge without some guidelines on how to go about it). The kit said it was compatible with all brands, which may be true - but is not the same as being compatible with all cartridges!

Fortunately I have another printer whose cartridges are covered. But I haven't had to use the refill kit yet so can't comment on how easy it is.

[Edited at 2007-11-12 12:17]
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Is it worth it? Nov 12, 2007

Maria,

I am a tech guy, familiar with bolts & nuts since age 4. So in the early laser printer age, before the inkjets, I imported a refilling kit for my laser with 10 bottles of toner. It even included a video tape, specific for the printer I had then, teaching how to do it, and a few tools. So it worked fine for several years. The vacuum cleaner easily took care of all the mess I left behind on each occasion.

It was worthwhile. Nowadays such a bottle of toner sells for
... See more
Maria,

I am a tech guy, familiar with bolts & nuts since age 4. So in the early laser printer age, before the inkjets, I imported a refilling kit for my laser with 10 bottles of toner. It even included a video tape, specific for the printer I had then, teaching how to do it, and a few tools. So it worked fine for several years. The vacuum cleaner easily took care of all the mess I left behind on each occasion.

It was worthwhile. Nowadays such a bottle of toner sells for some US$ 16 in the USA. My present laser cartridge here in Brazil sells for some US$ 200 original, US$ 70* reloaded (but with a new cylinder and a few other parts), so I'm buying the latter and not doing it myself any more.

I tried a few times to refill inkjet cartridges at home. On top of some ink-soiled things and hands, I didn't manage to get any of them to work properly.

Inkjet refilling is a blossoming industry. Here in Sao Paulo there are refilling shops everywhere. The cartridges for my DeskJet cost US$ 60 new, US$ 15* reloaded. I see that the equipment these people use includes compressed air, steam, pressure gauges, electronics, and that's not just to impress customers; they use all this!

So at least here in Brazil it's not worthwhile to refill ink cartridges at home for personal use. Maybe in the EC it';s different, I don't know.

*Provided you give them an empty cartridge.
Collapse

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Good success Nov 13, 2007

I have used ink refill kits for 3 different models of cartridges and have had pretty good success. I definitely have gotten my money's worth.

If your particular cartridge is not in the instructions booklet, you likely can find instructions on the Internet. I had to do this with one of my cartridge models.

I had to replace one of the catridge models after about 10-15 refills, apparently because the "sponge" inside of it got worn out. With the other models I have to repl
... See more
I have used ink refill kits for 3 different models of cartridges and have had pretty good success. I definitely have gotten my money's worth.

If your particular cartridge is not in the instructions booklet, you likely can find instructions on the Internet. I had to do this with one of my cartridge models.

I had to replace one of the catridge models after about 10-15 refills, apparently because the "sponge" inside of it got worn out. With the other models I have to replace them periodically (perhaps after about 50 refills).

The only cartridge model that did not work for me was my "IBM 4076" cartridge used in my Samsung fax machine. For this one I buy cheap used refilled cartridges at the corner shop.

I say give it a try. Refill kits are cheap.

[Edited at 2007-11-13 10:21]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Prink ink refilling kits

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »