Gregory Flanders
Gregory Flanders  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:15
French to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2008

Hello,

I have a large number (+100) small PDF files that I need to convert to Word -- doe anyone know if it is possible to batch "transform" using ABBY's PDF Transformer 2.0?

Currently I have to open each PDF document, click on Transform, then close the Word document that is opened, then choose the next file, and repeat..

I'm sure there must be an easier way.

Best,

gregory

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Merge them in Acrobat! Mar 28, 2008

gflan wrote:

Hello,

I have a large number (+100) small PDF files that I need to convert to Word -- doe anyone know if it is possible to batch "transform" using ABBY's PDF Transformer 2.0?

Currently I have to open each PDF document, click on Transform, then close the Word document that is opened, then choose the next file, and repeat..

I'm sure there must be an easier way.

Best,

gregory

Hi Greg,

This is an intentional "misfeature" in PDF Transformer, intended to drive customers to buy the more expensive FineReader instead!

My usual workaround is to merge all PDFs in Acrobat Pro first. Smack, all files are suddenly just one large PDF that you can OCR on the spot!

If you don't own Acrobat, I believe that the 30-day trial is fully functional...

If I just have a handful of PDFs, and I'm too lazy to merge them, you know that you can run several instances of PDF Transformer simultaneously, so that the software chugs away on several files in parallell.

Otherwise, upgrading to Finereader is a very smart investment. With a bit of sniping, you can pick it up on Ebay for 25 EUR or so...

/J

[Edited at 2008-03-28 10:36]

Gregory Flanders
Gregory Flanders  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unmerging? Mar 28, 2008

Hello Jan,

Thanks for the tip, I think merging the files beforehand is a very good idea -- the only problem I can see is then "unmerging" the single file back into the same number of original files, with the correct filenames.

(Shoot, I deliberately didn't buy FineReader because I didn't think it had any extra functionality I would need.. )

greg

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Well, if you have hair on your teeth... Mar 28, 2008

gflan wrote:
Currently I have to open each PDF document, click on Transform, then close the Word document that is opened, then choose the next file, and repeat.

I've done it myself, but this method might not work for you. I used an AutoIt script. Here it is (there's an EXE included with default options):

http://leuce.com/tempfile/omtautoit/ABBZZ.zip

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
try arts&split merge tool... Mar 29, 2008

this has been specially designed for .pdf files and does a grand job. The integrated split and merge in acrobat professional does not work always, but this does it. I could split in equal number of pages . Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch processing with PDF Transformer?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »