Mobile menu

Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0 + Word 2000 Pro = Problems?
Thread poster: Katrin Lueke

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
Member (2006)
English to German
Mar 28, 2008

Hi,
I downloaded the trial version of Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0, and since I have installed it, I notice that when using Word, the toolbars on top of the sreen are constantly blinking, and when I highlight some text in Word and want to copy it, my computer tries to install the Thesaurus from the Office CD instead.
Did anybody else notice this or some other strange behaviour?
I have Windows XP and Office 2000 Professional.
Best regards,
Katrin

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
I implement trados 2006 and 2007 sp2.. Mar 28, 2008

But I also use office 203 and abby 9.0 not a trial but a professional editon and I do not see these blinkings. KIt could be an indication because you are using a trial editing. But it could also have something to do with office 2000 version. Brandis

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask the support May 14, 2008

Katrin Lueke wrote:

Hi,
I downloaded the trial version of Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0, and since I have installed it, I notice that when using Word, the toolbars on top of the sreen are constantly blinking, and when I highlight some text in Word and want to copy it, my computer tries to install the Thesaurus from the Office CD instead.
Did anybody else notice this or some other strange behaviour?
I have Windows XP and Office 2000 Professional.
Best regards,
Katrin

Sounds like a Word Macro issue to me.
But why don't you drop a mail to the ABBYY support? They are usually very helpful, even if you just have a trial.
They spent many hours with me, when I tried to install language dictionaries for FR8..
Post your results back here!

/J

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0 + Word 2000 Pro = Problems?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs