Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0 + Word 2000 Pro = Problems?
Thread poster: Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:57
English to German
Mar 28, 2008

Hi,
I downloaded the trial version of Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0, and since I have installed it, I notice that when using Word, the toolbars on top of the sreen are constantly blinking, and when I highlight some text in Word and want to copy it, my computer tries to install the Thesaurus from the Office CD instead.
Did anybody else notice this or some other strange behaviour?
I have Windows XP and Office 2000 Professional.
Best regards,
Katrin

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
I implement trados 2006 and 2007 sp2.. Mar 28, 2008

But I also use office 203 and abby 9.0 not a trial but a professional editon and I do not see these blinkings. KIt could be an indication because you are using a trial editing. But it could also have something to do with office 2000 version. Brandis

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask the support May 14, 2008

Katrin Lueke wrote:

Hi,
I downloaded the trial version of Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0, and since I have installed it, I notice that when using Word, the toolbars on top of the sreen are constantly blinking, and when I highlight some text in Word and want to copy it, my computer tries to install the Thesaurus from the Office CD instead.
Did anybody else notice this or some other strange behaviour?
I have Windows XP and Office 2000 Professional.
Best regards,
Katrin

Sounds like a Word Macro issue to me.
But why don't you drop a mail to the ABBYY support? They are usually very helpful, even if you just have a trial.
They spent many hours with me, when I tried to install language dictionaries for FR8..
Post your results back here!

/J

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abbyy Fine Reader 9.0 + Word 2000 Pro = Problems?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »