https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/10182-dragon_dictate_versus_xp_speech_tool.html

Dragon Dictate versus XP-speech tool.
Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:08
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2003

I have been trying out both. Dragon takes somewhat more time to learn, but seems to be more developped in comparison with the XP-voice recognition system.

Unless a lot of vocabulary is fed to the XP-voice-recognition, it does not work too well. Does anybody had similar experiences. I only understand a few words of Japanese, too little to train the voice-recognition, but I was wondering whether the performance of the Japanese voice-recognition in XP is so primitive too?

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:08
Danish to English
+ ...
The Dragon Apr 25, 2003

I started using the Dragon in 1995 but it was awful in those days. Very slow, inaccurate, breaking down often, etc. The 6.1 medical that I have been using lately is really smooth, though still a bit unstable, and now with the 7 version on the market, I suspect I will switch to that one, as it is supposed to be an improvement over 6.1. As to a Japanese version, I don\'t know. I use the Danish language, for which there is no Dragon version, so I have to work with the English platform, and it is ... See more
I started using the Dragon in 1995 but it was awful in those days. Very slow, inaccurate, breaking down often, etc. The 6.1 medical that I have been using lately is really smooth, though still a bit unstable, and now with the 7 version on the market, I suspect I will switch to that one, as it is supposed to be an improvement over 6.1. As to a Japanese version, I don\'t know. I use the Danish language, for which there is no Dragon version, so I have to work with the English platform, and it is very cumbersome to input \"sounds like\" to get a word recognized, but I will teach the Dragon Danish some day.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Dictate versus XP-speech tool.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »