Thread poster: william wooderson
william wooderson
william wooderson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:52
Italian to English
+ ...
May 9, 2008

Hello folks,

Anyone out there tried OEM Trados TM Server 7.1?

I found this on google in an attempt to find a translation tool that did not burn too large a hole in my pocket, but would like to find out if it is any good and worth the money.

Any comments much appreciated!

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:52
French to Polish
+ ...
Piracy May 9, 2008

william wooderson wrote:

Anyone out there tried OEM Trados TM Server 7.1?

I found this on google in an attempt to find a translation tool that did not burn too large a hole in my pocket, but would like to find out if it is any good and worth the money.

Any comments much appreciated!

Be sure, it's a flagrant example of piracy.

Trados was never available as OEM.

Cheers
GG

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Well... May 10, 2008

Grzegorz is right. Googled it too, but the download site looks pretty fishy indeed. Funny that it only requires 60 MB of HD space, at least that's what it says.

If you are looking for CATs at a decent price, there are quite a number of options around. Try before you buy!

william wooderson
william wooderson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:52
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks folks May 10, 2008

Yes, thought it seemed too good to be true!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OEM Trados TM Server 7.1

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »