Thread poster: Oliver Dirs
Oliver Dirs
Oliver Dirs  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:08
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2008

Hi. I'm planning to start freelancing in a couple of months, and am trying to keep my startup costs down. I like the look of Translation Office 3000, but could do without forking out almost €200. I just stumbled upon Side Job Track, a free web-based project management and invoicing application: http://www.sidejobtrack.com/index_old.php. Does anyone have experience of this or other similar fre... See more
Hi. I'm planning to start freelancing in a couple of months, and am trying to keep my startup costs down. I like the look of Translation Office 3000, but could do without forking out almost €200. I just stumbled upon Side Job Track, a free web-based project management and invoicing application: http://www.sidejobtrack.com/index_old.php. Does anyone have experience of this or other similar free software?

Regards,
Oliver
Collapse

Cameron Fordyce
Cameron Fordyce
Italy
Local time: 01:08
Italian to English
Side Job's Website is closed to new users Jul 11, 2008

Hi,

Sorry, I don't have much experience with this particular software or this type of software. However, I checked the link and saw that there have not been any project updates since 2006. Infrequent updates is usually a bad sign for an open source project. Also, furthering clicking around brought me to the author's page ( also not updated ) which specifically mentioned that the Side Job website is closed to new users.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Ca
... See more
Hi,

Sorry, I don't have much experience with this particular software or this type of software. However, I checked the link and saw that there have not been any project updates since 2006. Infrequent updates is usually a bad sign for an open source project. Also, furthering clicking around brought me to the author's page ( also not updated ) which specifically mentioned that the Side Job website is closed to new users.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Cam
Collapse

Oliver Dirs
Oliver Dirs  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:08
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ah... Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for noticing that! Looks like it'll have to be Translation Office then. I've downloaded the demo and it does look useful, but I'll continue to investigate free/cheaper options.

Oliver

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free project management/invoicing software: Side Job Track

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »