Thread poster: Greg Dickie
Greg Dickie
Greg Dickie
Canada
Local time: 20:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 2, 2008

I was wondering if anybody could help answer a few questions that I have. I just purchased the Trados SDL software from the Proz website. On the add banner it says that upon purchasing the product send a copy of the receipt to the following email address: [email protected] I did that and have not received a response from anyone. How do I go about getting the 3 month membership?

In the Trados download page there is a big s
... See more
I was wondering if anybody could help answer a few questions that I have. I just purchased the Trados SDL software from the Proz website. On the add banner it says that upon purchasing the product send a copy of the receipt to the following email address: [email protected] I did that and have not received a response from anyone. How do I go about getting the 3 month membership?

In the Trados download page there is a big selection of downloads, that's my next question. What all do I have to download? I downloaded the Trados SDL software, then there is another selection for Multiterm, and many other's. Is Multiterm included with the download of SDL or do I have to download it seperately?

Finally, I am about to take the certification exam for Trados SDL, what all do I need to do to be prepared for the certifixcation exam?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Greg Dickie
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:19
Spanish
+ ...
Some answers Aug 2, 2008

Hello Gregory,

Let me try to answer some of your questions.

In the Trados download page there is a big selection of downloads, that's my next question. What all do I have to download? I downloaded the Trados SDL software, then there is another selection for Multiterm, and many other's. Is Multiterm included with the download of SDL or do I have to download it seperately?

Trados and SDLX's installers are included in one package. Which is, I assume, the one you already downloaded. Since you just bought SDLTrados, you should have only one version available. If you see more, download the newest build, which I think is 835. Multiterm comes in a separate installer. Make sure not to download the patches or upgrades, you need the installers for the complete applications.

Finally, I am about to take the certification exam for Trados SDL, what all do I need to do to be prepared for the certification exam?

Read the manuals and play around with Trados' features. I found the certification training manuals more didactic than the manual included with Trados. You can download them from the certification area, along with the sample files.

Best of luck!

Claudia

Greg Dickie
Greg Dickie
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Aug 2, 2008

Thanks Claudia!

I have been playing around quite a bit with the Trados program trying to familiarize myself with it. Looks like a great program - lots to learn! I hadn't seen the link to the certification training manuals.

Thanks!

Greg Dickie
Greg Dickie
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Question left unaswered Aug 4, 2008

There is still one question left unanswered. It is direceted mostly towards the staff who work at Proz and that is in regards to the 3 month membership. I had purchased Trados SDL through the site and the add banner states that a 3 month membership is included in the purchase. I was hoping to get the 3 month membership so that I could get started on some translations and later pay for the full one year (or longer) membership. I have written membershipQproz.com 3 times sending them a copy of ... See more
There is still one question left unanswered. It is direceted mostly towards the staff who work at Proz and that is in regards to the 3 month membership. I had purchased Trados SDL through the site and the add banner states that a 3 month membership is included in the purchase. I was hoping to get the 3 month membership so that I could get started on some translations and later pay for the full one year (or longer) membership. I have written membershipQproz.com 3 times sending them a copy of the purchase receipt, but never get a response.

Thanks!
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 23:19
SITE STAFF
Please submit the invoice in a support request Aug 4, 2008

Hello Gregory,

May I ask you to attach your invoice to a support request, and I'll take care of this for you? Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Greg Dickie
Greg Dickie
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jared! Aug 4, 2008

Thanks Jared;

I submitted a support request along with my invoive.

Have a great day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz Membership and Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »