Thread poster: jelly_gill

jelly_gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:23
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
Sep 27, 2008

I am a single user of my laptop and I have Windows XP Professional SP2 installed on it. I am the administrator and I always log in the administrative mode. However today when I tried to use 'regedit' I got the message that "registry editing has been disabled by your administrator'.

It was working fine few months ago when I last tweaked registry. Can I get access to the registry again without having to re-install everything?

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:53
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Links Sep 27, 2008

Please read the link below:

http://technize.com/2007/07/02/registry-editing-has-been-disabled-by-your-administrator/

Regards,
SL

jelly_gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:23
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 29, 2008

Dear Soonthon.. thank you very much for the information provided.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

my windows registry is locked

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs