Thread poster: Rad Graban

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:24
English to Slovak
+ ...
Oct 14, 2008

Hi all,

While "tidying up" my computer, I managed to get rid of Adobe Reader. Now, I cannot upload it back. I keep getting the following message:
Error 1316. A network error accurred while attempting to read file C:\Windows\installer\AdbeRdr812_en_US.msi
I think I've tried everything. I tried to download it from different websites incl. adobe.com, I saved it on a disk and tried to dowload it from disc, but nothing seems to work.
I'm using Firefox and can't open any online pdf. files. Any ideas? If I am not able to fix, is there any other program I can use to open online pdf. files?

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 06:24
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
PDF-XChange PDF Viewer Oct 14, 2008

I suggest PDF-XChange PDF Viewer. It's free and you can annotate PDFs with it.

http://www.download3k.com/System-Utilities/File-Disk-Management/Download-Tracker-Software-Products-Ltd-PDF-XChange-PDF-Viewer.html

HTH,

Uldis

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Adobe ADM Firefox Add-On Oct 14, 2008

Not sure if you'll be able to do this, but I just Googled Adobe Reader downloads, found Adobe Reader 9.0 (I had version 8) and downloaded it, in order to do which I first had to download a Firefox Add-On called Adobe ADM. The installation was lengthy (took about 15 minutes), but no problem, and my Adobe Reader 9 is now working normally.

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 15, 2008

Thank you guys. I've managed to fix it somehow through Tools -> Options -> Applications and changing Firefox to Adobe 8.1.

PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
English to Polish
+ ...
or Foxit Oct 15, 2008

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Save your computer from the extra gas needed to run Adobe Reader....

I use X-Change Viewer suggested by Uldis.

Best,
Pawel Skalinski

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe Reader - can't download.

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs