https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/128968-pdf_converter_into_ms_word_rtf_and_other_formats.html

PDF converter (into MS Word/RTF and other formats)
Thread poster: Vladislav Badalov
Vladislav Badalov
Vladislav Badalov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:43
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2009

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/pdf-converter

You have less than one day to download it for free!

March 2, 2009

PDF Converter is an easy-to-use software for converting a PDF document to an MS Word (RTF) document, HTML file, plain text, images (TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, EMF) or SWF file. The software supports all Adobe PDF modifications. PDF Converter r
... See more
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/pdf-converter

You have less than one day to download it for free!

March 2, 2009

PDF Converter is an easy-to-use software for converting a PDF document to an MS Word (RTF) document, HTML file, plain text, images (TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, EMF) or SWF file. The software supports all Adobe PDF modifications. PDF Converter retains the layout, images, text and formatting of the original PDF file. PDF Converter is a highly efficient standalone software which doesn’t require Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.

You do not need any special skills to operate the software. Just drag and drop the document you want to convert to the main PDF Converter window and click “Start Conversion”.

Fast and simple to use
Batch conversion - convert multiple documents at once
Support command line mode
Accurately preserve text, pictures, and layout of the original PDF
Support drag and drop PDF files for conversion
Collapse

Cristina Lo Bianco
Cristina Lo Bianco  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:43
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Mar 2, 2009

... for the hint!

Ciao,
Cristina

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Read those small letters: Mar 2, 2009

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:

1. No free technical support
2. No free upgrades to future versions
3. Strictly personal usage

(color and semi-bold is mine).

What’s the use of such an offer?

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:43
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Read the feedback Mar 2, 2009

A lot of people had problems with this program. Also, for me it's useless because it's not Mac compatible. But thanks for the thought, anyway...sometimes things like this do work out.

Lise Leavitt
Lise Leavitt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:43
Member (2008)
Danish to English
+ ...
Thanks a lot! Mar 2, 2009

I had purchased one...however, an extra doesn't hurt! The drag and drop doesn't seem to work?? But I can still add the files by browsing.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Is it the same that was available about a month ago? Mar 2, 2009

Uldis

Added- no, seems it is something other- that one was
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/pdfzilla/

U.

Amy Duncan wrote:
A lot of people had problems with this program. Also, for me it's useless because it's not Mac compatible. But thanks for the thought, anyway...sometimes things like this do work out.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2009-03-02 22:11 GMT]

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:43
English to French
+ ...
Is your PDF a scanned document? Mar 2, 2009

If the PDF in question is a scanned document, I am afraid only OCR will help and PDF conversion software will most likely be useless. On the other hand, if you are working on PDFs that contain selectable text, there is a handy piece of freeware you could use.

Here is what Hollmen's site says about AutoUnbreak (with my emphasis):
AutoUnbreak removes line breaks from formatted (or plain) text input. This is useful if you want to reformat a text document, where lines have been cut short, e.g. when copying text from an Adobe PDF file to a word processor. Thus, the program removes any extraneous lines.

AutoUnbreak was designed to remove these carriage returns/ line breaks in a smart manner. For instance it will try to reconstruct any hyphenated words, and it will not merge lines if they e.g. are a part of a numbered or bulleted list. AutoUnbreak is customizable, and you can change its "rules" by altering the plain text files "merge.set" and "exceptions.set" to fit your needs.

The program gets its input from the clipboard, and should retain any (text) formatting.

I've been using this for years to turn PDFs into RTFs and I have been very pleased with it. You can download AutoUnbreak here: http://digital.hollmen.dk/products/autounbreak/index.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF converter (into MS Word/RTF and other formats)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »