how to convert a turkish word document to EPS?
Thread poster: Aisha Rishi
Aisha Rishi
Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 08:36
English to Urdu
+ ...
Sep 24, 2003

I have been trying to convert a Turkish document to EPS, but its not working. Does anyone know how to do it? I am using Verdana font. I have tried it through pdf, but it doesnt work. I opened the word file directly in illustrator but some of the alphabets disappear and I also dont get the underlines in it. Please helllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 06:36
English to Turkish
+ ...
Adobe InDesign 2.0 CE Sep 24, 2003

azure_8 wrote:

I have been trying to convert a Turkish document to EPS, but its not working. Does anyone know how to do it? I am using Verdana font. I have tried it through pdf, but it doesnt work. I opened the word file directly in illustrator but some of the alphabets disappear and I also dont get the underlines in it. Please helllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.

You may try Adobe InDesign 2.0 CE, it supports Turkish characters. If you want to convert it to .pdf, you can also use Adobe Acrobat (5.0 or 6.0). However, in that case some Turkish characters will not be searchable, but print well.

Hope it helps
Selçuk Akyüz

Aisha Rishi
Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can make pdf perfectly. I want to convert it to EPS Sep 24, 2003

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

azure_8 wrote:

You may try Adobe InDesign 2.0 CE, it supports Turkish characters. If you want to convert it to .pdf, you can also use Adobe Acrobat (5.0 or 6.0). However, in that case some Turkish characters will not be searchable, but print well.

Hope it helps
Selçuk Akyüz

I dont have adobe indesign, but I might buy it later on, ive heard its good. but at the moment I have illustrator, photoshop, coreldraw and acrobat, and none of them are helping me.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:36
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
If you can make the pdf perfectly Sep 24, 2003

then simply open it in Acrobat and click SAVE AS, choose EPS as file format - and you are done. Please don't hesitate to contact me in case you would have further problems.

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
export to eps in Acrobat Sep 24, 2003

Hi Azure,

I convert .pdf files to .eps all the time!
What you do is first convert your .doc into .pdf, and then open the .pdf in Abrobat and go to File - Export. You have the option there to export as Postcript or EPS.

Hope this helps!
Grace.

Aisha Rishi
Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
doesnt work for me Sep 25, 2003

Graciela Carlyle wrote:

Hi Azure,

I convert .pdf files to .eps all the time!
What you do is first convert your .doc into .pdf, and then open the .pdf in Abrobat and go to File - Export. You have the option there to export as Postcript or EPS.

Hope this helps!
Grace.

I have done that already. the EPS I make from by exporting or saving from acrobat doesnt open in illusrtator. Should there be some specific settings I should follow?

Trady
Trady
Local time: 05:36
French to Arabic
+ ...
problem with the fonts Sep 25, 2003

I think your pb is in your fonts;
Verdana is only for display at screen, you must have the real ones for turkish language.

regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to convert a turkish word document to EPS?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »