Mobile menu

Acrobat Reader unable to find or create font
Thread poster: Nat�n V�zquez

Nat�n V�zquez
Local time: 09:12
English to Spanish
Jan 30, 2004

I have to translate a .pdf file, but i receive this message every time i try to open it. "Unable to find or create font, some characters may not display or print correctly"

The font is Ryumin-Light-Identity-H

Is there some way to correct this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Direct link Reply with quote
English to Spanish
+ ...
Non-embedded font? Jan 31, 2004

When creating a pdf, the Acrobat (or other) software usually 'embeds' the fonts needed in the document. This enables you to read the document correctly with Acrobat Reader even if you don't have the fonts on your PC.

If the fonts have not been embedded, and you don't have the relevant fonts on your PC, then the Reader will try to substitute a similar font which you do have. If it can't find a suitable substitute, then you get an error message.

You could overcome this by obtaining the font in question; however a brief search on Google suggests that Ryumin-Light-Identity-H is in fact a Japanese font. Can you read Japanese?

Nicholas Fry

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Acrobat Reader unable to find or create font

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs