https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/18144-reinstalling_omnipage_scansoft.html

Reinstalling OmniPage (ScanSoft)
Thread poster: mishima (X)
mishima (X)
mishima (X)
Local time: 04:45
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Feb 6, 2004

I would like to ask users of OmniPage (ScanSoft) whether they ever had to reinstall the software following a hard disk failure or simply after reformatting. The reason for this answer is that on the Internet I read some complaints from users who reportedly had difficulties in getting support from ScanSoft in odre to reinstall the software in a new hard disc or PC.

Is anybody able who got this experience to confirm whether the above is true or not.

Thank you in advance
... See more
I would like to ask users of OmniPage (ScanSoft) whether they ever had to reinstall the software following a hard disk failure or simply after reformatting. The reason for this answer is that on the Internet I read some complaints from users who reportedly had difficulties in getting support from ScanSoft in odre to reinstall the software in a new hard disc or PC.

Is anybody able who got this experience to confirm whether the above is true or not.

Thank you in advance

Mishima
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:45
German to English
+ ...
Omnipage Pro 10 Feb 6, 2004

Hi Mishima,

I use Omnipage Pro 10. I've had to reinstall after reformating and on changing to a new computer.

I had problems with the Caere scan manager which appears to control the interface between the scanner and XP. If I installed the scanner first (HP Scanjet 5370), Caere manager version 5.1 was installed. When I then installed Omnipage, it overwrote 5.1 with version 5.0 and Omnipage couldn't recognise the scanner, although it was listed in under "scanners". So, if
... See more
Hi Mishima,

I use Omnipage Pro 10. I've had to reinstall after reformating and on changing to a new computer.

I had problems with the Caere scan manager which appears to control the interface between the scanner and XP. If I installed the scanner first (HP Scanjet 5370), Caere manager version 5.1 was installed. When I then installed Omnipage, it overwrote 5.1 with version 5.0 and Omnipage couldn't recognise the scanner, although it was listed in under "scanners". So, if you are having problems with the scanner, check on your scan manager (your version of scan manager is shown under Start - Settings). If you have an older version of Omnipage, install it first and then the scanner.

The other problem that appeared was after connecting my digital camera. Omnipage (not Windows) then had difficulties recognising the scanner for some reason. I had to de-install the scanner and re-install.

To avoid this from happening again, I changed to using a USB compact flash reader instead of directly connecting the camera. Then everything worked correctly and I'm extremely happy with it. I always log installations and problems in my computer set-up, and this helped me to avoid problems with my new computer.

Good luck!

best regards, Jill
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstalling OmniPage (ScanSoft)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »