Deleting graphics from PDFs
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 09:58
German to English
Mar 18, 2004

Is it possible to delete graphics from a PDF file? I believe so but I don't know how to do it. I have a rather large PDF file with that I would like to print out - but minus the extensive graphics.

Any pointers much appreciated!

mk_lab
mk_lab  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:58
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Just save file in RTF format Mar 18, 2004

If you have Adobe Acrobat v.5 (+), you can save PDF file in RTF (Rich Text Format). Just click menu item "File|Save As..." and select Rich Text Format (*.rtf) in "Save As" dialog.

[Edited at 2004-03-18 10:38]

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:58
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Image selection tool Mar 18, 2004

With Acrobat (but possibily not Reader) you can use the image selection tool (it looks like an arrow) to click on each image and then press Delete.
Keep in mind that, depending on how the PDF was made, what looks like one image may be made up of several graphic objects.
HtH,
Roberta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting graphics from PDFs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »