Chantal Henno
Chantal Henno  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:11
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 6, 2004

Hello
I have a problem with a file in CorelDraw 11. My keyboard is an Azerty and when I type in the file I received it's set to Qwerty. I have only basic knowledge of CorelDraw, and I have been looking in the options and help file, but I don't seem to find how to change the keyboard settings in the file. Can anyone help me out please? Thanks a lot in advance,
Chantal

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Keyboard settings are affected by the language, defined for that file Apr 6, 2004

AFAIR there are no explicit keyboard settings in files, but only language settings.

In system tray or on the right side of your task bar in Windows you should see a language code for the actuall language set in your file. Change this to the language you are writting in.
If this does not help, right click on this code, choose properties (or settings or similar, depends on your OS), and add a proper keyboard layout to the desired language.

HTH
Jerzy

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Language code in system tray Apr 6, 2004

Hello Jerzy,
Thanks for your reaction, but I don't seem to have any language code or icons anywhere on my screen for the file (not in system tray, taskbar,...) Is there any way to change this through the menu? Thanks in advance,
Chantal

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Keyboard OK Apr 6, 2004

Hi Jerzy,
Thinking about your remarks on the code I changed the text language to Dutch and everything works fine now.
Thanks for the help,
have a nice day
Chantal

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You did not specify your OS Apr 6, 2004

so I cannot tell you how to get this "Language setting box" (or however it is called) to appear on your task bar.
However, you can use either Keyboard or Language settings from Control pannel to controll this feature.
It is quite usefull, as you can controll the language setting of your keyboard (and layuot btw too). In Word for example, switching keyboard to a different language causes Word to switch the language of written text too - indeed very usefull (at least sometimes).
... See more
so I cannot tell you how to get this "Language setting box" (or however it is called) to appear on your task bar.
However, you can use either Keyboard or Language settings from Control pannel to controll this feature.
It is quite usefull, as you can controll the language setting of your keyboard (and layuot btw too). In Word for example, switching keyboard to a different language causes Word to switch the language of written text too - indeed very usefull (at least sometimes).

I'm glad everything is working fine for you.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still problems Apr 6, 2004

Sorry, but I was too enthusiastic. Everytime I try to change the language in a text section, it changes back to English after a few sentences.
I work with Windows XP and CorelDraw version 11. I have been looking for this language code, but I'm really unable to detect anything
Can anyone help me? Or maybe you again Jerzy
Thanks in advance
Chantal

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Check the format settings in Corel Apr 6, 2004

Corel uses styles, similar to Word.
Check the setting of these.
Or select the whole text and set the desired language for it.

The best solution for this problem ist Trados 6.5 - you do not need to write in Corel, but use T-Window for Clipboard instead...

Regards
Jerzy

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 00:11
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Thanks Jerzy! Apr 6, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

The best solution for this problem ist Trados 6.5 - you do not need to write in Corel, but use T-Window for Clipboard instead...

Regards
Jerzy

As usual, you are a fountain of information.

I've been working with Corel Draw 11 and XP for over a year now, and have given up: I select the text in the source language, post it to Word, use Trados (I have 5.5) to paste the target into the file.
It's the only way I have found to get around a) word count and b) accents!!!

Nancy:-)

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy and Nancy Apr 6, 2004

Thanks a lot Jerzy for the help. I hope I can return the favor one day)
Also thanks to Nancy, for giving another solution for this
Have a nice day
Chantal

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The workflow for Corel Apr 6, 2004

Start Trados WB.
Start T-Window for Clipboard.
Open the Corel file.
Go to the text you want to translate.
Look at the font settings and note the (font and size).
In T-Window select the same font and size for the translated text.
In Corel mark the sentence you want to translate and press CTRL+C. If T-Window is properly set (and this is by default the case, otherwise set Auto activate to on and Auto Open/Get to on) your sentence will be transfered to T-Window. T
... See more
Start Trados WB.
Start T-Window for Clipboard.
Open the Corel file.
Go to the text you want to translate.
Look at the font settings and note the (font and size).
In T-Window select the same font and size for the translated text.
In Corel mark the sentence you want to translate and press CTRL+C. If T-Window is properly set (and this is by default the case, otherwise set Auto activate to on and Auto Open/Get to on) your sentence will be transfered to T-Window. Translate it there and close as usual in Trados.
Your OS should take you back to Corel automaticaly. All what you need is to paste translated text into Corel...
If the text does contain pictures, deselect the text and put your translation in front of the source text. Then by deleting and dragging and dropping rearange the text and the picture.
This takes some time, but saves you tons of work, if you get similar text next time.

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Apr 6, 2004

Thank you so much Jerzy,
I tried it the way you explained and it works perfectly. I'll write your name down in my book of wonderful people
Many thanks, just great
Chantal

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

keyboard settings CorelDraw 11

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »