Spain
Local time: 05:00
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Your replies to my suggestions Jul 22, 2011

Hi Aleksandr,
Thanks for your helpful answers.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT) wrote:
we would like to suggest you to customize a color of jobs and projects that have deadlines in the feature. For example, if green color is acceptable for you but it is hard to read such projects/jobs with dark blue selection, you can change this color to light-green. Thereafter titles of jobs will become more readable. You can change colors of statuses in Settings > Personal > ‘Colors: Statuses’.

Yes, to solve the problem of not being able to read the font in the active row, I had tried out the colour status possibilities. Making the green text a lighter green doesn't help because when this text is not in the active row (i.e. when it has a white or pale background) it's even harder to see. However, I have just discovered that you can adjust the colour of the active bar itself, and that has solved my problem.

TO3000 operates with Gaussian rounding.

I see. So this is a problem when an agency uses arithmetic rounding in their online project management system. They of course insist that my invoice reflects their figures, so I have no other option but to use a "flat fee" type of pricing in the TO3000 client job window.
The same problem occurs for my Spanish tax accounting, which I use Excel for. If I just transfer the taxable base of the invoice to Excel, the rounding for 18% VAT is also arithmetic in Excel so it doesn't match the TO3000 invoice VAT.
However, I have found a workaround by changing Excel rounding to a VBA user-defined function (because VBA uses Gaussian rounding). If anyone's interested to learn how to do it, I followed a very good video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li5DurykVVM

Edit: Of course, it would be much simpler if TO3000 offered the option of arithmetic rounding in order to be compatible with most agencies' systems and with Excel too...

you can mark all potential clients with a blue flag, all accepted clients with a green flag, etc. To mark a client with a flag, please click on a cell opposite a client’s name and choose an appropriate color of the flag.

Instead of having a potential clients' folder, the flag system you suggest will work fine.

Thanks very much for all your detailed replies,
Emma

[Edited at 2011-07-22 06:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-07-22 07:34 GMT]

Rob Grayson
Rob Grayson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:00
French to English
Cloning jobs/projects Jul 22, 2011

Hi Aleksandr,

I am just doing some invoices before going on holiday, and this has made me realise another idea. It would be very useful if it was possible to duplicate or "clone" an existing job. For example, I have a client who gives me several jobs each month which are very similar but need to be recorded separately as they have different job numbers. It would be very handy to be able to create one job and then just clone this several times and make the necessary changes, rather t
... See more
Hi Aleksandr,

I am just doing some invoices before going on holiday, and this has made me realise another idea. It would be very useful if it was possible to duplicate or "clone" an existing job. For example, I have a client who gives me several jobs each month which are very similar but need to be recorded separately as they have different job numbers. It would be very handy to be able to create one job and then just clone this several times and make the necessary changes, rather than having to create each job from scratch.

The ability to duplicate/clone projects in the same way might also be useful.

Thanks,

Rob
Collapse

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Jul 25, 2011

I agree with most of the other suggestions and have a few of my own:

Be able to have more than one rate per job (i.e. if I want to invoice 3000 words and 2 hours formatting on the same job).
Have all drop down lists in alphabetical order (specially the contacts).
Make it a lot easier to set up queries and reports, with the current system only people familiar with SQL can create queries and even then as we don’t have access to all the field names it is impossible to do.
... See more
I agree with most of the other suggestions and have a few of my own:

Be able to have more than one rate per job (i.e. if I want to invoice 3000 words and 2 hours formatting on the same job).
Make it a lot easier to set up queries and reports, with the current system only people familiar with SQL can create queries and even then as we don’t have access to all the field names it is impossible to do.
Make “time used” a set field for jobs.
Collapse

Ulf Samuelsson
Ulf Samuelsson  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:00
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Easier registration of payments Jul 25, 2011

Apart from other improvements already mentioned, I would like to propose an easier registration of payments received.

It shouldn't be too complicated to add a button for Payment on the page for Invoices to clients. For instance, if a certain invoice is selected and you click on "Payment", then you're automatically taken to the Payment page for that client with the correct amount already filled in and the invoice already linked. That would save a lot of time when entering payments, a
... See more
Apart from other improvements already mentioned, I would like to propose an easier registration of payments received.

It shouldn't be too complicated to add a button for Payment on the page for Invoices to clients. For instance, if a certain invoice is selected and you click on "Payment", then you're automatically taken to the Payment page for that client with the correct amount already filled in and the invoice already linked. That would save a lot of time when entering payments, and shouldn't be too complicated to program as all the necessary information is in the selected invoice.
Collapse

Pavel Janoušek
Pavel Janoušek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
A big YES to cloning Jul 25, 2011

Rob Grayson wrote:
Rob

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you so much for your answers! I am looking forward to the new version of your great tool.

Cloning jobs would be a very useful feature. Please include at least this one

Rob, thanks for mentioning it.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
more than one rate per job - yes, please! Jul 25, 2011

Alex Lago wrote:

I also often have similar cases: e.g. proofreading + post-DTP checking, or translation + reconciliation, etc.

So having such an option would be very very useful!
Natalia

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 06:00
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Jul 27, 2011

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Please find the answers below.

Jabberwock wrote:

Yes, but most of my invoices are bilingual (English for the client, Polish for the tax authorities), so if I switch languages, I would then have the same problem with English...

In this case we would like to suggest you to use conditional constructs (see the post of Aleksandr Yarosevich) to replace certain English words with their Polish translations in the required places of your RTF templates.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

However, I have just discovered that you can adjust the colour of the active bar itself, and that has solved my problem.

Yes, you can solve the problem in such way as well.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
Edit: Of course, it would be much simpler if TO3000 offered the option of arithmetic rounding in order to be compatible with most agencies' systems and with Excel too...

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibility to implement such option in the next version of TO3000.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Instead of having a potential clients' folder, the flag system you suggest will work fine.

Yes, you may use either flags or create a custom field for this purpose.

Rob Grayson wrote:

I am just doing some invoices before going on holiday, and this has made me realise another idea. It would be very useful if it was possible to duplicate or "clone" an existing job. For example, I have a client who gives me several jobs each month which are very similar but need to be recorded separately as they have different job numbers. It would be very handy to be able to create one job and then just clone this several times and make the necessary changes, rather than having to create each job from scratch.

Pavel Janoušek wrote:

Cloning jobs feature already exists in TO3000. You can find out it on Tree tab of Projects > Project window. To clone a job, select it on Tree tab and click Clone button.

We will consider the possibility to implement such feature for projects too.

By the way, you can clone clients as well as jobs clicking Clone button in Clients > Client window > Main tab.

Alex Lago wrote:

Natalie wrote:

I also often have similar cases: e.g. proofreading + post-DTP checking, or translation + reconciliation, etc.

In such case we suggest you to create a project and then create several jobs with different services and/or rates inside this project.

Examples:

1. Lets say you have received a job “Mac OS X translation_Part 3” and you need to invoice 3000 word and 2 hours formatting. In this case we would like to suggest you to create a project “Mac OS X translation_Part 3” and then two client jobs “Mac OS X translation_Part 3_words” and “Mac OS X translation_Part 3_hours”. The differences between these jobs are different rates (one rate is in words and another one is in hours). Then you will be able to invoice both jobs. By the way, if you want, you can have the same names of jobs in a project.

2. Lets say you received a job “Volkswagen New Beatle brochure” and you will make a proofreading and DTP checking of this job. In this case we would like to suggest you to create a project “Volkswagen New Beatle brochure” and then two client jobs “Volkswagen New Beatle brochure” and “Volkswagen New Beatle brochure”. The differences between these jobs are different groups of services (the first job has the group of services “Proofreading” and the second job has the group of services “DTP checking”).

I would like to notice that if you have similar jobs inside a single project, you can use Clone button in Tree tab of Projects > Project window to clone jobs and in this way simplify your workflow with TO3000.

Alex Lago wrote:

Alex, thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibility to implement it in the next version of the program.

Alex Lago wrote:

Could you please specify what problems with access to field names in custom reports you currently have?

Alex Lago wrote:

Make “time used” a set field for jobs.

Could you please describe more detail what you mean?

Ulf Samuelssonwrote:

It shouldn't be too complicated to add a button for Payment on the page for Invoices to clients. For instance, if a certain invoice is selected and you click on "Payment", then you're automatically taken to the Payment page for that client with the correct amount already filled in and the invoice already linked. That would save a lot of time when entering payments, and shouldn't be too complicated to program as all the necessary information is in the selected invoice.

Ulf, thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibility to implement such option in the next version of TO3000.

By the way, currently you can use Mass Payment option on Clients > Payments from Client window to make payments for a number of client in the automated way.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team

[Edited at 2011-07-27 13:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-07-27 13:24 GMT]

Rob Grayson
Rob Grayson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:00
French to English
Thanks! Aug 3, 2011

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT) wrote:

Rob Grayson wrote:

Pavel Janoušek wrote:

Cloning jobs feature already exists in TO3000. You can find out it on Tree tab of Projects > Project window. To clone a job, select it on Tree tab and click Clone button.

We will consider the possibility to implement such feature for projects too.

Thanks for this, Aleksandr. The "Tree" tab is something I have never looked at. It would be good if a "Clone" button were also added to the "Client jobs" tab of the project window. I suspect that many people, like me, are not aware of this function because they don't use the "Tree" tab.

Darko Kolega
Darko Kolega  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2009)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Hi Aug 3, 2011

I just started with TO 3000; at first sight I was a bit sad, but after discovering some great features it become interesting, especially with balances and invoicing. However, there is an issue I cannot solve = languages; I cannot add my languages (Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian....so my tasks have wrong language pairs as there are only a certain languages selectable. Am I missing something or there are still not all languages implemented,....

thanks for answer

Darko

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
Language pairs in TO3000 Aug 4, 2011

Dear Rob and Darko,

Please find the answers below.

Rob Grayson wrote:

It would be good if a "Clone" button were also added to the "Client jobs" tab of the project window.

Rob, thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibility to add Clone button to Client Jobs tab as well.

Darko Kolega wrote:

However, there is an issue I cannot solve = languages; I cannot add my languages (Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian....so my tasks have wrong language pairs as there are only a certain languages selectable. Am I missing something or there are still not all languages implemented,....

Darko, you can add any language pairs to TO3000. For this click Settings > Business > Services > New button, find an appropriate group of services (it can be translation, proofreading, DTP, etc.) and specify the required service, i.e. in your case it will be a language pair.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:00
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
AnyCount settings? Aug 5, 2011

How about the ability to change settings for the embedded AnyCount engine? As far as I've been able to figure out, there is no direct interface to AnyCount - if I simply want to do a count outside the scope of a job, I can't - I have to start a dummy quote or job and then do the count from within it. That itself isn't too cumbersome, but I've never been able to find the AnyCount settings (if any) in TO3000, and it's always undercounting my Word files by about 10%.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
AnyCount settings Aug 5, 2011

Dear Rudolf,

To change AnyCount settings in TO3000, please click Settings > Personal > AnyCount. There you will be able to change both common AnyCount settings and settings for each supported file format.

Also could you please specify in what sections of TO3000 you need AnyCount as well? Simply AnyCount has been added to New/Edit Quote and New/Edit Client Job windows because these are windows which requires word count for their fields. If you require AnyCount somewhere
... See more
Dear Rudolf,

To change AnyCount settings in TO3000, please click Settings > Personal > AnyCount. There you will be able to change both common AnyCount settings and settings for each supported file format.

Also could you please specify in what sections of TO3000 you need AnyCount as well? Simply AnyCount has been added to New/Edit Quote and New/Edit Client Job windows because these are windows which requires word count for their fields. If you require AnyCount somewhere else, we will be thankful if will you write us these places.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
Collapse

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Aleksandr Aug 5, 2011

Many times have I heard that in the older TO3000 versions everything was organized by client (which is much more convenient for freelancers), and not by project (which is better for translation companies).

Is there any chance that in the next version(s) you could give the users a possibility to choose between "by client" and "by project" organization?

Thanks,
Natalia

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
"By client" and "By project" organization of TO3000 v10 Aug 11, 2011

Dear Natalia,

Thank you for your suggestion.

In the next version of TO3000 we are planning to make projects optional and we will consider the possibility to allow changing of the folder structure to "by client" organization.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Excellent Aug 11, 2011

Thank you so much!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for Translation Office 3000 (TO3000), Version 10

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »