Mobile menu

Recovering files from a ZIP disk
Thread poster: Maria Riegger

Maria Riegger  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2004

Does anyone know any techniques for recovering files from a ZIP disk?

Specifically, Microsoft Word files and also files from a software called Sibelius that is used to write music. When I loaded the ZIP disk, a message appeared saying that the disk could not be read and that I had to reformat it. I've been using this specific disk for a while so I figure it must have been damaged somehow.

Just curious as to whether any of you have had this problem with ZIP disks.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.
Maria

Direct link Reply with quote

Mathew Robinson
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:16
English
Data Recovery Software Sep 18, 2004

Provided the problem is with the disc itself and not the drive, you can try using data recovery software.

http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/

This is just one of many variants of such software that specifically state it can be used with Zip drives.

Good luck!

Maria Riegger  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is with disk Sep 18, 2004

Thanks so much! The problem is with the disk, the drive is working fine, I've checked that. I'll try your suggestion.

Maria.

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:16
German to Croatian
+ ...
Similar problem, but no consequences Sep 18, 2004

Sometimes the system (Windows XP) asks me if I wanted to format the ZIP disk that I use for quick saving of small files, but after I click no, it reads the existing and saves the new files without a problem. Can you access the data on your disk at all? HAve you tried the disk on another computer with a Zip drive?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recovering files from a ZIP disk

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs