https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/25258-dragon%3A_transferring_user_files_to_new_computer.html

Dragon: transferring user files to new computer.
Thread poster: Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 16:36
German to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2004

There are many ironies in the computer age. The one uppermost in my thoughts is that whereby I have bought a new computer to get more speed when using Word, Dragon and Trados together but now I have to retrain Dragon after a year of putting him on the right track (I even let him sleep in the coal shed as a treat sometimes, when he was responding well to training). Now Dragon is really fast, but high-speed gobbledygook is not what I am interested in.

Anyway, I went to Manage Users>
... See more
There are many ironies in the computer age. The one uppermost in my thoughts is that whereby I have bought a new computer to get more speed when using Word, Dragon and Trados together but now I have to retrain Dragon after a year of putting him on the right track (I even let him sleep in the coal shed as a treat sometimes, when he was responding well to training). Now Dragon is really fast, but high-speed gobbledygook is not what I am interested in.

Anyway, I went to Manage Users> Advanced> Export and copied my user files to a CD-RW. I then tried to import that user (moi) to Dragon, installed on my new computer.It is Version 7.3, which I dowloaded after I had installed 7.0 with the CD.

I had to change the user name because I was using my same user name on the new computer.The files were imported nicely from the CD-RW but then I was told I had to reinstall Dragon to get files which would manage the new user. I did that (a few times to make sure) but I still get the same message when I try to install the new user.

Any help much appreciated.

Sincerely

Robin Salmon
Collapse

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 08:36
English to Swedish
+ ...
PowerQuest DriveImage or Norton Ghost Oct 2, 2004

PowerQuest DriveImage or Norton Ghost

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon: transferring user files to new computer.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »