Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 16:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2004

Hello

I had now problems in inserting comments in Acrobat 4.0 PDF files.

Now I have both 5.0 and 6.0, but I don't know how to insert comments.

Any clue?

Thx

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which version of Acrobat are you using? Oct 21, 2004

Hi Molly,
Which version of Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader) are you using?

Ralf

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Ralf Oct 21, 2004

Hi Ralf,

thx for answering.

I have both 5.0 and 6.0 versions

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader! Oct 21, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Which version of Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader) are you using?

Ralf

Hi Molly,

I think the emphasis in Ralf's question was on "Adobe Acrobat" rather than on "version".

Are you sure that it's Adobe Acrobat you are using, NOT the free Acrobat Reader? You cannot insert comments in Acrobat Reader!

The function for inserting comments in Acrobat 5 is not really different from the one in Acrobat 4 and not difficult to find if you are familiar with it. So you shouldn't really have any problems with it. (Unfortunately I cannot give you any further details at the moment because the machine I'm currently working with doesn't have any version of Acrobat installed.)

HTH

Claudia

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sorry Oct 21, 2004

oops sorry!

I guess I don't have Adobe Acrobat so ...

I had it in version 4.0

sorry again and thx

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Inserting comments into PDF files without Adobe Acrobat (Writer) Oct 21, 2004

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has found an application for inserting comments into PDF files without Adobe Acrobat (Writer). I do have Adobe Acrobat, but the majority of my software development colleagues do not. Now that we have started migrating our technical doc from Word to Framemaker, the input files are in Framemaker and the output are PDF. This is now making it more difficult to review and comment on documentation. The company won't invest in Framemaker or Adobe Acrob
... See more
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has found an application for inserting comments into PDF files without Adobe Acrobat (Writer). I do have Adobe Acrobat, but the majority of my software development colleagues do not. Now that we have started migrating our technical doc from Word to Framemaker, the input files are in Framemaker and the output are PDF. This is now making it more difficult to review and comment on documentation. The company won't invest in Framemaker or Adobe Acrobat licenses for everyone (of course the price difference is quite different). All we need is to be able to make review comments on the PDF, so that the doc people can insert them into the master original files. Is there anything other than Adobe Acrobat that can do that?

Jeff
Collapse

EzGlobe
EzGlobe  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:13
Member (2014)
English
Any answer to Jeff question? Mar 1, 2005

We are also quite interested in a solution allowing to enter comments in a PDF without owning a license of Acrobat

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Comments with Reader enabled by Acro 7 Pro Mar 1, 2005

Hi Jeff

It is one of the new features in Acrobat 7:
A user with Acrobat 7 Professional (not Standard) can save his PDF files so that the commenting tools are enabled/available also when his file is viewed in Adobe Reader 7.

This way whoever originates the PDF files can ensure that his Reader-only collegues can add comments to the files
Note that not every file created in Acrobat 7 Professional will have comments enabled in Reader - only those for which this
... See more
Hi Jeff

It is one of the new features in Acrobat 7:
A user with Acrobat 7 Professional (not Standard) can save his PDF files so that the commenting tools are enabled/available also when his file is viewed in Adobe Reader 7.

This way whoever originates the PDF files can ensure that his Reader-only collegues can add comments to the files
Note that not every file created in Acrobat 7 Professional will have comments enabled in Reader - only those for which this feature would has been selected.
Note also that commenting tools will be available only in Reader 7, not in previous Reader versions

You will find this option in:
Comments > Enable for Commenting in Adobe Reader
and as part of the Send for Email Review and Upload for Browser-Based Review comment tracking wizards.

Cheers,
Roberta

[Edited at 2005-03-01 05:49]
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jaws PDF Editor Mar 1, 2005

Another option is to use Jaws PDF Editor, by Global Graphics (http://www.jawspdf.com/pdf_editor/index.html) - basic PDF editing and commenting tools at 35 Euro per license.
Comments inserted in the PDF file using Jaws PDF Editor can be viewed and printed in Acrobat.
I have not tried it, but it sounds interesting and got a good review on Seybold Report when first realesed in 200
... See more
Another option is to use Jaws PDF Editor, by Global Graphics (http://www.jawspdf.com/pdf_editor/index.html) - basic PDF editing and commenting tools at 35 Euro per license.
Comments inserted in the PDF file using Jaws PDF Editor can be viewed and printed in Acrobat.
I have not tried it, but it sounds interesting and got a good review on Seybold Report when first realesed in 2001.
Trial version available

cheers,
Roberta

[Edited at 2005-03-01 05:53]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

inserting comments in PDF files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »