Thread poster: keshab

keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:02
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 22, 2004

i have bengali unicode ekushey.
i faced a problem when i try to convert a document written in bengali script into pdf format.whenever i do that,some characters or symbols of bengali is missing in pdf file.how can i get rid of this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Syeda Tanbira Zaman
English to Assamese
+ ...
Same problem here. Oct 22, 2004

Hi Keshab,

That was only to be expected. Whether you use EKUSHEY or AVRO, turning UNICODE into PDF has always been a problem. I use PDF995 and it can not deliver. May be there are some other PDF converters which can convert UNICODE characters.

Saleh Chowdhury, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Local time: 17:32
Member (2004)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Adobe do not provide unicode support completely Oct 23, 2004

Until now, most of the Adobe products (like acrobat, photoshop etc.) do not support Unicode. If you try any non-unicode Bengali font, there would be no problem to convert it into pdf document.

Syeda Tanbira Zaman
English to Assamese
+ ...
I have found the answer. Dec 24, 2004

Saleh Chowdhury wrote:

Until now, most of the Adobe products (like acrobat, photoshop etc.) do not support Unicode. If you try any non-unicode Bengali font, there would be no problem to convert it into pdf document.

Use PDF995 for conversion and AA Reader6 for reading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem to create pdf file for bengali unicode

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs