Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 20:47
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 23, 2004

Hi all,

I have a PDF file full of pictures and I wnt to convert it to word file in full (with all pictures and tables and in two columns). I have the full acrobat version, I have tried save as function but in vain.

Now I wonder if adobe distiller can do this and how.

Many Thanks
Sabry

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:47
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
OCR software plus Acrobat for image export Oct 23, 2004

Hi Sabry,

Distiller won't help you - it's used to convert PS files to PDF. Generally, one option is to use an OCR program to convert the PDF file to Word. Unless the PDF file is protected, you can use the File/Export/Image as TIF option to save the images. For smaller documents, Adobe Illustrator might be another option to look into.
Klaus

Prisma
Prisma
English to Swedish
+ ...
Adobe Distiller Oct 23, 2004

You could try this: copy & paste, but only do small selections of your PDF at a time. So for instance copy one picture, paste it into your Word document and so on. Word will convert everything you paste into its own format, so will have to be prepared to spend a bit of time re-aligning your paragraphs, pictures etc.
This may be successful if the fonts used in the PDF are installed in your PC, and .jpeg pictures (in the PDF) will probably remain as.jpeg in Word.
Otherwise it is very
... See more
You could try this: copy & paste, but only do small selections of your PDF at a time. So for instance copy one picture, paste it into your Word document and so on. Word will convert everything you paste into its own format, so will have to be prepared to spend a bit of time re-aligning your paragraphs, pictures etc.
This may be successful if the fonts used in the PDF are installed in your PC, and .jpeg pictures (in the PDF) will probably remain as.jpeg in Word.
Otherwise it is very hard to 'go-back' on a pdf, as a pdf is generally seen as an output version of a document, that is: all the editing is complete and is not to be altered.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

using adobe distiller

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »