is TRADOS or other translating software be helpful to translate any indian language?
Thread poster: keshab
keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:31
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Nov 3, 2004

Hi! i am keshab. i really wonder whether TRADOS or other CAT tools make any help in translation to indian languages.some days ago,i downloaded free trial version of 'fusion'. but i saw that's no use of me.is there any translating tool for indian languages? please inform me.
thanks.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 10:01
English to German
+ ...
No I don´t think so Nov 3, 2004

Hi!
As long as you can take the phonetic conversion of a western code into Indian using same indian font on both comps. the result is possible with trados and also with fusion. Just try it. I already have found solutions only no projects here. Even Urdu and Arabic are possible, just as chinese aswell.
Greets,
Brandis

[Edited at 2004-11-03 21:36]

Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:31
English to Hindi
+ ...
No!! Nov 4, 2004

Except Urdu (if you consider Urdu as an Indian language) none of the Indian language is supported by Trados. SDLX 2004 has partial support for Indian languages.

Anil

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Automatic Translation for Hindi Mar 19, 2005

keshab wrote:
Hi! i am keshab. i really wonder whether TRADOS or other CAT tools make any help in translation to indian languages.some days ago,i downloaded free trial version of 'fusion'. but i saw that's no use of me.is there any translating tool for indian languages? please inform me.
thanks.

See my post:
Eng>Hindi MT
http://www.proz.com/post/174630#174630

Jeff
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Southeast Asian language translation software Mar 19, 2005

Surprise, surprise. In the mailbox this morning was the new issue of MultiLingual Computing & Technology magazine (Number 70, Volume 16, Issue 2, March 2005) with the following articles having a focus on Southeast Asia:

* Automated Translation Using Statistical Methods: a technology that supports communication in Hindi and other Asian languages
* South Asian Languages: a Translator's View: a perspective on Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi
* Computing in Pashto: an overview of a m
... See more
Surprise, surprise. In the mailbox this morning was the new issue of MultiLingual Computing & Technology magazine (Number 70, Volume 16, Issue 2, March 2005) with the following articles having a focus on Southeast Asia:

* Automated Translation Using Statistical Methods: a technology that supports communication in Hindi and other Asian languages
* South Asian Languages: a Translator's View: a perspective on Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi
* Computing in Pashto: an overview of a major language in Afganistan and Pakistan

Available at www.multilingual.com

Jeff
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/localization.htm
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is TRADOS or other translating software be helpful to translate any indian language?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »