Mobile menu

Microsoft Proofing Tools
Thread poster: Willemina Hagenauw

Willemina Hagenauw
Local time: 09:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 23, 2004

I have recently started to use my back up computer which has Office XP and Windows XP on it and my Microsoft Proofing Tools Office 2000 won't work on this. I am thinking about buying Proofing Tools 2003 but am uncertain whether that will work with Office XP. Does anyone know if it does?

Many thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You need Proofing Tool Kit 2002 (XP) Nov 23, 2004

Whether the edition 2000 nor the PTK 2003 will work.
What you need, is exactly the same version, as your Office.

OTOH PTK is not that expensive. I have invested that money both in PTK 2000 and XP and never regretted this decision.

Regards
Jerzy

Willemina Hagenauw
Local time: 09:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Proofing tools works! Dec 18, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Whether the edition 2000 nor the PTK 2003 will work.
What you need, is exactly the same version, as your Office.

OTOH PTK is not that expensive. I have invested that money both in PTK 2000 and XP and never regretted this decision.

Regards
Jerzy

Many thanks for your info already some time ago. I got proofing tools 2002 (XP) and it works!

Willemina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Proofing Tools

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs