Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:44
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

Hello,

a new problem has occured while converting an RTF into MIF. After conversion, what used to be a tag in RTF (Page 14, Page 26, etc.) appears still in English.

The problem is, when i try to delete the former tag, for instance, "arrow - Page 15" in the MIF document, the selected text includes the arrow and deletes everything (arrow - Page 15).

Also, when i try to make a search in "find/change" the word "Page" is not recognised.

Summing up
... See more
Hello,

a new problem has occured while converting an RTF into MIF. After conversion, what used to be a tag in RTF (Page 14, Page 26, etc.) appears still in English.

The problem is, when i try to delete the former tag, for instance, "arrow - Page 15" in the MIF document, the selected text includes the arrow and deletes everything (arrow - Page 15).

Also, when i try to make a search in "find/change" the word "Page" is not recognised.

Summing up, how can i handle this to modify the unavailable text (Page 15). Is there an automatic method to modify all these lables in the MIF doc?

Thanks a lott!

Maria
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:44
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Should be possible with editor Jan 7, 2005

MIF is a text file. Load it into an editor (UltraEdit) and do whatever you want.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:44
English to Polish
Have you translated ancillary.rtf file? Jan 8, 2005

This is probably cross-reference. Cross-reference formats are defined in ancillary.rtf file. You have to translate this file and convert the RTF again - S-Tagger will automatically get the translation from ancillary.rtf

HTH,
Wojtek

maferal
maferal  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:44
English to Spanish
Please summarize conclusion to this problem Nov 21, 2005

Hello Maria:

My client is having the same or a similar problem you're describing with a manual I translated last week. I have translated many framemaker manuals before and I had never heard about this issue. I'm trying to help them, but I can't think of anything that I may have done wrong. Yes, I did translate the ancillary.rtf file and everything looks correct in the clean version of the file. Can you tell us how you ended up fixing this problem so that I can forward it to my clien
... See more
Hello Maria:

My client is having the same or a similar problem you're describing with a manual I translated last week. I have translated many framemaker manuals before and I had never heard about this issue. I'm trying to help them, but I can't think of anything that I may have done wrong. Yes, I did translate the ancillary.rtf file and everything looks correct in the clean version of the file. Can you tell us how you ended up fixing this problem so that I can forward it to my client?

Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Modifying manually a MIF file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »