Is it possible to save a graphic document as A4 size?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:10
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2005

I wondered if it is possible at all, using Abbyy Fine Reader 7.0, to save a graphic document to A4 size? I managed to use the editing tools to get the document to look like the original, but, every time I try to save it to Word, the page size increases to about 20" or 23" along the top, and, if I try to do anything to make it A4 size, once I have saved it as a Word document, I lose the formatting entirely.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

... See more
I wondered if it is possible at all, using Abbyy Fine Reader 7.0, to save a graphic document to A4 size? I managed to use the editing tools to get the document to look like the original, but, every time I try to save it to Word, the page size increases to about 20" or 23" along the top, and, if I try to do anything to make it A4 size, once I have saved it as a Word document, I lose the formatting entirely.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Astrid
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Astrid Feb 13, 2005

When the page is recognized and you are ready to send it to Word, click the small arrow near the "Word" button in FR7 and choose Options > Formattong > Format settings. There is such option as default paper size and a checkbox "Automatically increase paper size". Most probably you should uncheck it.

Another problem may be picture resolution (in case the recognized text contains some pictures). Then try choosing the option "Reduce picture resolution to [150 dpi, probably]" (this opti
... See more
When the page is recognized and you are ready to send it to Word, click the small arrow near the "Word" button in FR7 and choose Options > Formattong > Format settings. There is such option as default paper size and a checkbox "Automatically increase paper size". Most probably you should uncheck it.

Another problem may be picture resolution (in case the recognized text contains some pictures). Then try choosing the option "Reduce picture resolution to [150 dpi, probably]" (this option is in the lower part of the same tab).

=========================================
BTW, check the image size before recognition! One of my clients who emails me the scans directly from the scanner succeeds in sending me images 1600x950cm large with 28 dpi resolution! So open your image in Photoshop or any other graphic application and check these parameters.

[Edited at 2005-02-14 08:29]
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Picture Resolution Feb 13, 2005

Hello Natalie,

The document contains a lot of pictures, and I did not know anything about picture resolution. I think this must be the answer, so I will look into that. Thanks very much.

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to save a graphic document as A4 size?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »