https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/31277-mailwasher_no_longer_free.html

Mailwasher no longer free
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:16
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 13, 2005

G'day

Mailwasher is no longer free. You can only download the Pro version, which is 30-day shareware, and the full version costs nearly 40 dollars.

Does anyone know another freeware utility that checks a POP3 mailbox, gives a list of the mails (with sizes etc), and allows one to delete unwanted mails? I'm using Windows 95, unfortunately.

Small file size preferred. I know some mail clients have this ability built-in, but I don't want another mail client.
... See more
G'day

Mailwasher is no longer free. You can only download the Pro version, which is 30-day shareware, and the full version costs nearly 40 dollars.

Does anyone know another freeware utility that checks a POP3 mailbox, gives a list of the mails (with sizes etc), and allows one to delete unwanted mails? I'm using Windows 95, unfortunately.

Small file size preferred. I know some mail clients have this ability built-in, but I don't want another mail client. Thanks.
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Poppy is the perfect solution Apr 13, 2005

Yes, there is. I've been using "Poppy for Windows" for a few years now and it's great for the tasks you mention.
Check it out:
www.yoursurfice.com/Content/Poppy/Poppy.htm

HTH,
Benjamin

P.S.: Don't know if it works with antique operating systems, though. Time to update, mate!...
See more
Yes, there is. I've been using "Poppy for Windows" for a few years now and it's great for the tasks you mention.
Check it out:
www.yoursurfice.com/Content/Poppy/Poppy.htm

HTH,
Benjamin

P.S.: Don't know if it works with antique operating systems, though. Time to update, mate!

edit: What the? This url conversion bug is driving me nuts. Hope it works now.

[Edited at 2005-04-13 12:09]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SimpleCheck looks promising too Apr 13, 2005

tectranslate wrote:

Thanks, I'll take a look. Another app which appears to work well, is SimpleCheck (previously shareware, now open source). The setup procedure is a bit complex, but it seems to work just fine and it doesn't slow my computer down.

http://www.simplecheck.net/

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:16
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Outlook Apr 13, 2005

I don't know if this is an option for Win 95 but Outlook XP (not Outlook express) does this.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PopTray seems very good too Apr 13, 2005

Rahi Moosavi wrote:
I don't know if this is an option for Win 95 but Outlook XP (not Outlook express) does this.

I think Outlook is a mail client. It would be interesting to see if Outlook XP runs on Windows 95..

The best I have found so far, is PopTray, which works on Windows 95 and all the way up. It also has plug-ins for services like Yahoo, Hotmail etc.

http://www.poptray.org/

dieter haake
dieter haake  Identity Verified
Austria
Italian to German
+ ...
I don't know why ... Apr 13, 2005

... but the new pro-version works fine for me (for free) - since November.
Give it a try

regards

didi

p.s.
.. but I will probably change to poptray (thanx)

see:
http://www.computerbob.com/software/favorites.php

[Edited at 2005-04-13 21:44]

[Edited at 2005-04-13 21:54]

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Free MailWasher Apr 14, 2005

dieter haake wrote:
... but the new pro-version works fine for me (for free) - since November.
Give it a try

Hi,
I started with the old free version in Nov. 2003, then I remember that they started sending me notices that I only had 1 month of "free" use of that version MailWasher and then I would have to start using the Pro version, which I also thought I had to buy. But, I think I went to their Web page, mailed, I really don't remember that well. The thing is that they sent me a mail like this:
Hello,

--- We recommend that you make a back-up copy of this important email ---

Congratulations and thank you for registering MailWasher Pro with limited functionality. Your registration key is:
(the key is like 1 page long)

And then I started using the MailWasher Pro 4.1.7.6., which I'm using without any problems (for 6 months now).

Good luck,
Pamela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mailwasher no longer free

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »