https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/33626-edit_pdf_with_adobe_acrobat_professional_70.html

Edit PDF with Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0
Thread poster: Emilie T.
Emilie T.
Emilie T.
France
Local time: 08:50
English to French
+ ...
Jun 21, 2005

Hi,

Could someone explain me how I can edit PDF files with Adobe Professional 7.0 ?
I can add comments in the document to indicate that some text should be replaced but I want to remove these comments and have ONLY the target text in the final document.

Thanks for your help.

plha
plha
English to Slovak
+ ...
no good solution Jun 21, 2005

Hello,

that is possible only for some minor changes (using TouchUp tool on Editing toolbar), and even that is not very comfortable way to edit a document. Ask the supplier of the text for the editable version (the document from which was the pdf file created).
I can also think of a clumsy way of covering the original text with white square (Square tool onn Commenting toolbar) and writing over it with Freetext Tool (Commenting toolbar as well) - but this would cause you a rea
... See more
Hello,

that is possible only for some minor changes (using TouchUp tool on Editing toolbar), and even that is not very comfortable way to edit a document. Ask the supplier of the text for the editable version (the document from which was the pdf file created).
I can also think of a clumsy way of covering the original text with white square (Square tool onn Commenting toolbar) and writing over it with Freetext Tool (Commenting toolbar as well) - but this would cause you a real pain, and would definitely not qulify for massive changes.
Collapse

Marie-Céline GEORG
Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Not intended for such modifications Jun 21, 2005

Hi Emilie,
You can "edit" a PDF in Acrobat in that you can add all the comments you wish in the form of notes, text modifications, drawings, attached files etc. so that the author of the original document (which was created with another software) can modify it to produce the final document. PDF is normally not intended as an editable format but as a way to view files without having the corresponding software.

I agree with the above suggestions to hide text and add text boxes b
... See more
Hi Emilie,
You can "edit" a PDF in Acrobat in that you can add all the comments you wish in the form of notes, text modifications, drawings, attached files etc. so that the author of the original document (which was created with another software) can modify it to produce the final document. PDF is normally not intended as an editable format but as a way to view files without having the corresponding software.

I agree with the above suggestions to hide text and add text boxes but it will be quite a waste of time IMHO unless you get paid for all the trouble. If the customer has the original document he should either give you the source file so that you can edit it directly, or be able to make changes following your comments.

I hope you'll find a satisfactory solution!

Marie-Céline
Collapse

Emilie T.
Emilie T.
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A solution Jun 21, 2005

Thank you for your suggestions.
In fact I found another feature which allows to edit the text: in Display > Toolbar > Advanced modifications, we can edit text.
It is aimed at editing some little mistakes.

I can use it because there is not many words in my document.
Otherwise, your solution is a a good one.

Thank you very much!

Cintia Pecellin
Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Future editing needs Jun 22, 2005

This comment might come in a bit late, but why not consider using Adobe Illustrator for ANY editing task? I find it is the best program for editing PDF files.

Saludos madrileños,
Zyntia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit PDF with Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »