Thread poster: Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:56
Member (2003)
German to French
Jul 9, 2005

Hi,

Since I upgraded Mozilla Firefox to version 1.0.4, I can not save my "preferences" anymore for the Grand dictionnaire. Each time I edit my preferences (bilingual display of the fields, etc.), it works for a session but when I reopen Firefox, all the settings are lost and I must edit my preferences anew.

It is the sole site for which it behaves so. I checked the settings for the cookies and even added the GDT in the list "Always accept", to no avail. And when I displ
... See more
Hi,

Since I upgraded Mozilla Firefox to version 1.0.4, I can not save my "preferences" anymore for the Grand dictionnaire. Each time I edit my preferences (bilingual display of the fields, etc.), it works for a session but when I reopen Firefox, all the settings are lost and I must edit my preferences anew.

It is the sole site for which it behaves so. I checked the settings for the cookies and even added the GDT in the list "Always accept", to no avail. And when I display all the cookies stored in my browser, there are no cookies for the Grand dictionnaire!

It worked perfectly with the previous versions of Firefox... for info, my AV is Antivir, no firewall activated.

Any hint ? Thank you in advance!

Sylvain

[Edited at 2005-07-09 12:33]
Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:56
English to German
+ ...
It works for me.. Jul 9, 2005

I am using Firefox 1.0.4 and the GDT keeps my preferences even after I closed Firefox, and I did not change any Firefox settings.

Are you sure you clicked "Poursuivre" and "Enregistrer mes préférences"?

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Jul 9, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

Are you sure you clicked "Poursuivre" and "Enregistrer mes préférences"?

Yes Harry, and I do it every time
The strange thing, as I mentioned, is that there are no GDT-cookies in my cookies list, although they are authorized for the site...

Harry Bornemann
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Maybe reinstall it? Jul 9, 2005

I found granddictionnaire.com in my cookies list, deleted it, opened GDT and set my preferences again, no problem.

I noticed the checkbox "Einmal entfernte Cookies nicht mehr akzeptieren", which looks like a suspicious functionality, even if you did not activate it and delete the cookie accidentially.
- Maybe it would help to deinstall and reinstall Firefox?

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Jul 10, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

I found granddictionnaire.com in my cookies list, deleted it, opened GDT and set my preferences again, no problem.

I noticed the checkbox "Einmal entfernte Cookies nicht mehr akzeptieren", which looks like a suspicious functionality, even if you did not activate it and delete the cookie accidentially.
- Maybe it would help to deinstall and reinstall Firefox?

Thank you Harry, but the said box is not activated, and a new installation did'nt do the trick neither...

Well, then I'll have to wake up 30 seconds earlier each day to make up for the time I spend setting my preferences

Have a nice sunday!
Sylvain

Harry Bornemann
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Strange.. Jul 10, 2005

Sylvain Leray wrote:
Thank you Harry, but the said box is not activated, and a new installation did'nt do the trick neither...

Well, then I'll have to wake up 30 seconds earlier each day to make up for the time I spend setting my preferences

Are you sure there is no imprecation on your computer, Sylvain?

Anyway, a regular task of 30 seconds a day could be another task for MacroMagic..

[Edited at 2005-07-10 10:45]

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
- Jul 10, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

Are you sure there is no imprecation on your computer, Sylvain?

Anyway, a regular task of 30 seconds a day could be another task for MacroMagic..

[Edited at 2005-07-10 10:45]

Does MacroMagic work for Websites too ? I can not figure out how it can set my preferences when I connect on the GDT.

Sylvain, curious this time

Harry Bornemann
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Theoretically, yes Jul 10, 2005

Sylvain Leray wrote:
Does MacroMagic work for Websites too ? I can not figure out how it can set my preferences when I connect on the GDT.

Practically, it does not recognize the GDT window title as a trigger - I have no idea why
But it can open the first page of GDT preferences directly and perform the desired clicks.

Harry Bornemann
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
New Version of MacroMagic available Jul 10, 2005

You can download Version 4.1 t now.
It still does not recognise the GDT window title
but finally it does recognise the MagicKeys.

This means: when you open the GDT page the focus is in the search field. There you could type in a trigger word like prefs and MacroMagic would perform the required mouse and/or key actions to set
... See more
You can download Version 4.1 t now.
It still does not recognise the GDT window title
but finally it does recognise the MagicKeys.

This means: when you open the GDT page the focus is in the search field. There you could type in a trigger word like prefs and MacroMagic would perform the required mouse and/or key actions to set your preferences.

[Edited at 2005-07-10 12:28]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Firefox and GDT: problem with cookies?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »