How to transform word file and etc into vector image file
Thread poster: Profile
Canada
Local time: 04:37
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
Aug 30, 2005

Do you know how to transform word file and other files into vector image file?
Thanks.

Jean Sim
Immigration and Refuge Board Canada

[Edited at 2005-09-14 14:32]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:37
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Illustrator or Coreldraw Aug 30, 2005

Copy text into graphic program, select "Type" (menu command may vary depending on the program and version), and "create outlines".

Uldis

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:37
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
CorelDraw Aug 30, 2005

You don't have to "create outlines" in CorelDraw (the outlines already exist, but they can be invisible, the colour is set by a right click on the chosen colour) but if you want to modify the shape of the text you need to "convert to curves" - it allows a modification of each vector separately, but then the text is not recognized as text any more.

There is an "import" feature in CD12 that allows direct import of .doc files but from my experience the result is usually scrambled.
... See more
You don't have to "create outlines" in CorelDraw (the outlines already exist, but they can be invisible, the colour is set by a right click on the chosen colour) but if you want to modify the shape of the text you need to "convert to curves" - it allows a modification of each vector separately, but then the text is not recognized as text any more.

There is an "import" feature in CD12 that allows direct import of .doc files but from my experience the result is usually scrambled.

Florence
CorelDraw enthusiast since v.3
Collapse

Canada
Local time: 04:37
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Illustrator, Coldrew needed for Vector conversion? Aug 30, 2005

Hi, Uldis, Florence,

Thanks.

Does this mean I have to have 'Illustrator' or 'Coldrew' to be able to do this?

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
Transformations Aug 30, 2005

There are numerous ways to do any single task. There are still even more when you're not clear what the task is. There are multiple possibilities for file conversions, especially for "other files". And since when do we post advertising thru forum messages?

Regards,
Boris.

Now when I've told what I think, please do not take it personally. If you need help, I'll be pleased to help - just be more specific. Samples greatly appreciated (even though verbal descriptions
... See more
There are numerous ways to do any single task. There are still even more when you're not clear what the task is. There are multiple possibilities for file conversions, especially for "other files". And since when do we post advertising thru forum messages?

Regards,
Boris.

Now when I've told what I think, please do not take it personally. If you need help, I'll be pleased to help - just be more specific. Samples greatly appreciated (even though verbal descriptions

[Edited at 2005-08-30 21:21]
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
simpliest way Aug 31, 2005

convert it to PDF. PDF - is a vector format.

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:37
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
But what is it for? Aug 31, 2005

mikhailo wrote:

convert it to PDF. PDF - is a vector format.

Well, taken that way, a .doc file is a vector format as well since .ttf (the font)is vector-based (just edit a font in Font Creator or Fontographer, the vectors are easily visible).
If no more than enlarging the font is required, any file format using .ttf fonts will do.
But if the vectors themselves need to be edited, there's not a lot of choice out of CorelDraw, Illustrator or at the minimum the free vector software that's included in Open Office (with less features of course but still useable).

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:37
German to Portuguese
+ ...
There is a free one... Aug 31, 2005

Hi,
I recently had to vectorize a image por printing it on a t-shirt, and the programm (freeware) I used is called WinTopo.

HTH,
Natália

jis wrote:

Do you know how to transform word file and other files into vector image file?
Thanks.

Jean
Immigration and Refuge Board Canada
www.amazonhealthcare.com[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to transform word file and etc into vector image file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »