Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 2, 2005

Hi all,

A customer is asking me to send my invoice via efax...I'm not sure how that works. Is there any site where I can dowload it?

Thanks in advance.

Pablo

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:06
English to German
+ ...
Efax Sep 2, 2005

My guess is that your customer wants you to send the invoice by fax, and that he does not have a fax machine at home but uses the fax services at www.efax.com.

Do you have his fax no.?

Sonja

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:06
Italian to English
+ ...
Efaxes can be sent via efax or via regular fax machines Sep 2, 2005

Yes, just send the fax via regular fax machine to the client and he will receive it as an e-mail attachment. The e-fax software is free if you wish to just receive faxes but you must pay (I believe about $12 a month) to have faxing capabilities. Check out the already posted link for more information. Note* - If you do download if for free, you can only receive up to 20 fax pages a month for free. Also, your fax number is randomly selected so you might live in New Hampshire but have a fax number ... See more
Yes, just send the fax via regular fax machine to the client and he will receive it as an e-mail attachment. The e-fax software is free if you wish to just receive faxes but you must pay (I believe about $12 a month) to have faxing capabilities. Check out the already posted link for more information. Note* - If you do download if for free, you can only receive up to 20 fax pages a month for free. Also, your fax number is randomly selected so you might live in New Hampshire but have a fax number with an area code in Montana (for example). You have to pay to get a number in your own area code. Still, it's a pretty great service. I haven't had any issues with it so far.
Best,
LNS
Collapse

Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I do have the fax number... Sep 2, 2005

LSabadosa wrote:

Yes, just send the fax via regular fax machine to the client and he will receive it as an e-mail attachment. The e-fax software is free if you wish to just receive faxes but you must pay (I believe about $12 a month) to have faxing capabilities. Check out the already posted link for more information. Note* - If you do download if for free, you can only receive up to 20 fax pages a month for free. Also, your fax number is randomly selected so you might live in New Hampshire but have a fax number with an area code in Montana (for example). You have to pay to get a number in your own area code. Still, it's a pretty great service. I haven't had any issues with it so far.
Best,
LNS

I this case, then, I have to pay for the service. Hope the economies of scale work to pay the fee...:)

Thanks to both!

Pablo

Tadzio (X)
Tadzio (X)
English to Spanish
30-days free of charge Sep 3, 2005

You may download Mighty Fax software and use it for 30-days free of charge.
No Fax Machine Required. All you need to use the fax program is a telephone line and the modem you already have in your computer.
Here:
http://www.mightyfax.com/

Cheers,
Tadzio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Efax software?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »