How to create .pdf document compilations and an index of it without Acrobat writer?
Thread poster: Estefanía González
Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2005

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if it is possible without Acrobat Writer to compile a .pdf file from several separate pdf files, as well as to create an index of the compilation created?

If this is not possible, do you know any other application ,if possible free, that would enable to create such compilation and an index too?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Estefanía

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:42
English to Polish
+ ...
Look at http://multivalent.sf.net Nov 6, 2005

I do not use it, but it seems to do lots of nice tricks

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:42
Polish to English
+ ...
pdf edit from 995 software Nov 6, 2005

www.pdf995.com

is where you will find them.

They have several things for free - a pdf "maker" which installs as a printer driver and pdfedit which allows to combine several pdf files into one (I tried it - it works) and some indexing options (haven't tried them yet - I've only just installed the software)

The drawback is that the software has nag screens. It is free (not share
... See more
www.pdf995.com

is where you will find them.

They have several things for free - a pdf "maker" which installs as a printer driver and pdfedit which allows to combine several pdf files into one (I tried it - it works) and some indexing options (haven't tried them yet - I've only just installed the software)

The drawback is that the software has nag screens. It is free (not shareware), but there is a stupid little progress bar with an ad which urges you to buy some of their advanced stuff.

Other than that it is uninvasive and from what I've read, is reasonably reputable software.

HTH
Pawel Skalinski
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create .pdf document compilations and an index of it without Acrobat writer?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »