FrameMaker help
Thread poster: xxxBAmary
xxxBAmary  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 13, 2006

I'm translating in TagEditor a document originally written in FrameMaker. It's a glossary, so obviously, when I'm done, my words in English won't be in alphabetical order. The thing is I can't find a way to sort the words alphabetically in FrameMaker. I posted the question in a FrameMaker forum and some people have told me it's not possible.

Does anyone know how to do it? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:05
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Try this Jan 14, 2006

I copy the source and paste the columns onto Excel, then I use the A>Z command to sort the words in alphabetical order. Then I copy from XL and paste it back on Framemaker. Works for me!
Hope this helps
Gianni

xxxBAmary  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 15, 2006

Thanks Gianni. I'll try it tomorow as soon as I get to the office. I'll keep you posted about the results.

M

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker help

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs