Angel_7
Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:07
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 29, 2006

Many thanks to everyone for your kind advice.

Sarah

Alan Johnson wrote:

Sarah390 wrote:
Would you say Alan that Acrobat is any better than the other software you have tried?

Hi, got carried away with work!

I wouldn't swear that Acrobat is better than all other applications (I've by no means seen them all), but of the ones I know and have tried I would say at least as good. But it also has other advantages:

- you can convert to and from pdf format in one application
- you can convert to a multitude of other formats, not just to rtf, which is what most other applications offer
- it integrates into MS Office applications directly
- you can send almost any type of document from any application to the pdf "printer", thus getting pdf files from almost any program on your computer
- you can download complete websites as pdf files (very useful for instance for studying online glossaries/(bilingual)diccos and other documents and useful websites
- you can edit and review pdf documents, or send for review, and add comments and markups
- you can digitally sign pdf docs
- and a few other things.

All-in-all, I woudn't want to miss it. And I don't think it's THAT expensive.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best Pdf software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »